1. Lust: Don’t get married out of lust for someone. Some people get married just to have a sexual partner.
2. Infatuation: Love at first sight. Wake up girl, it doesn’t exist in the real world.
3. Liking the idea of marriage: I want to be called Mrs… I want to wear someone’s ring… I want to have a woman who’d hold my hand when I walk the streets. Exactly what this movie is about. Wake up!!!
4. The fear of remaining unmarried.. You’re not the first and won’t be the last unmarried person. Like one of the characters said, Mother Theresa was a single woman, did that stop her from touching the lives of so many others.
5. Pressure: Self explanatory.
6. Escaping from being jilted: Some people see marriage as victory over an unsuccessful relationship. Remember if it was meant to be, nothing would have separated u from this person
7. For money - Money does not guarantee the success of your marriage. It never guarantees happiness. However, this is not an excuse to go for someone with no ambitions/plans
8. Using marriage as an escape route: Some people are tired of living with their parents. Move out and pay your own bills, if you can’t stand them. Don’t get married just to get your parents/guardians out of the way.
9. Feeling sorry for someone: It is extremely important not to get married to anyone out of pity.
10. Foolish expectations - E.g. Getting married to a smoker when you cannot stand the habit and hoping they will change during the course of marriage; getting married to a flirtatious man/woman and hoping they’d stick with you and you alone.
11. Physical attributes - Beauty will wear out someday and will be replaced by wrinkles. No one looks exactly the same after a couple of years
12. Accidental pregnancy - Falling pregnant for a man doesn’t mean you should subject yourself to spending the rest of your life with the wrong partner.
13. Tribal connection - Igbo marry Igbo, Yoruba marry Yoruba, Hausa marry Hausa. Have you not seen people of the same tribe who have gotten divorced over simple differences? The fact that you hail from the same tribe or state as a person doesn’t guarantee that both of you will live together forever.
14. Just to satisfy parents - Don’t marry your dad/mum’s friend’s son/daughter just to please them. They’ve rocked their own lives, live yours!!
15. Don’t get married with the intention of hurting someone else - parents/friends/siblings/ex-lovers, etc. You might end up being hurt and it’s a complete waste of your time and energy.