Do you think Babatunde omidina is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Well-Known Member
#21
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you think Babatunde omidina is funny

Originally posted by lady_vexy
yeh u r rite, i think he appears in almost every movies 4 little parts because its entertaining. the storyline might not fit in wit baba suwe scene but is just to make people laugh which some people might not find funny but most people do wel it just me view but i do understand wat u r saying but like u said in in a post blame the writer/s:)
He is a writer himself.Let him write a story for that fits the character that he is portraying.
 
#22
i think baba suwe is not good in acting again. he likes saying same thing. he is always in all yoruba films. the guy like to look at the carmera, which i think is very very very bad
 
R

Ronky

Guest
#23
I think Baba suwe is nothing but a fool he is not funny, so unprofessional and he and his squeaky looking wife are nothing but the most horrible couple in the Nigeria film industry.
we've got some descent couples in the industry eg Saheed& Fathia, the Jacobs etc.
 

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
#24
Originally posted by eyi-mofe
The words are not respectable . you should be proud to refer people of all ages to read what you write .by the way how do you translate those words into say yoruba ? try you'll see it is not easy I AM NOT PICKING ON YOU BY ANY MEANS..
believe me you are a good writer
You really think am a good writer? Ok, I'll try not to be myself I promise:D
 

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
#25
Originally posted by meniababe
i think baba suwe is not good in acting again. he likes saying same thing. he is always in all yoruba films. the guy like to look at the carmera, which i think is very very very bad
You noticed that too?????? I thought it was just me, I mean the first thing they teach you in drama class, and any acting programme or college you attend is, DO NOT LOOK INTO THE CAMERA, even if its in your eye. And Baba Suwe has been in the industry for 10/11 yrs and no one has been able to correct him!!! Doesn't that tell us something about him
 
#27
WHAT!!! oh this breaks my heart. I LOVE baba suwe, I think he is funny, yeah maybe overbearing sometimes but definitely funny. I love the way he trys to use all those Nigerian slangs and all those dance steps. I also loved his role in TOYIN TOMATO.

Baba Latin is also funny but I'd rather baba suwe.

Theire comedy lines though are sooooooo predicatable, one always expects baba suwe to abuse, and use all those nigerian ebonics, and one expects Baba Latin to use big big grammas that he doesn't know the meaning of.
 

lady_vexy

Well-Known Member
#28
Originally posted by movieaddict
WHAT!!! oh this breaks my heart. I LOVE baba suwe, I think he is funny, yeah maybe overbearing sometimes but definitely funny. I love the way he trys to use all those Nigerian slangs and all those dance steps. I also loved his role in TOYIN TOMATO.

Baba Latin is also funny but I'd rather baba suwe.

thank u
 

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
#29
Re: Re: Re: Do you think Babatunde omidina is funny

Originally posted by vince
Real deal,you say?
He's fast becoming the real bore.:rolleyes: :cool:
Just because he appears in every damn yoruba movie does not make him good.
Anytime i come to the scene that features him,fastforward time!
I thought another way of knowing how good an actor is by looking at how much work he does. This is what I think, if he's not that good I don't think people will be paying alot to use him. To me, casting Omidina means giving people what they want and love.
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
#30
Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you think Babatunde omidina is funny

Originally posted by Okestra007
I thought another way of knowing how good an actor is by looking at how much work he does. This is what I think, if he's not that good I don't think people will be paying alot to use him. To me, casting Omidina means giving people what they want and love.
Sure, but some people really don't know what they want and just accept whatever is given them. The issue is not about his acting talent (he's brilliant) or whether people want him (of course they do). The question is is he still funny? To many people, he is being overused the same way the Nouah/Nnaji combination is getting on a lot of nerves.

Even if they make the movies with him from beginning till the end, one will understand it is just a comdey. But they will be making a tragedy and then pluck Baba Suwe into a scene that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the story... Often, if you cut out his scene, the movie loses nothing. That is bad for an actor - that you're so insignificant, the story of the movie you're in does not miss you. He needs to refocus his talents. To use your word, he's a funny man whose use has been "abused".
 

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
#31
Omidina is funny, very funny. And I think Nigerians need more of him in movies.

We get out in the morning, we go thru "go slow" for hours, not food enough food in the house, no enough money in our pockets, went thru series of "49 seating 99 standing," NEPA instability, authority abuse and much more.

If I seat in the front of the TV, i don't think laughing till tears roll down my eyes is bad, who cares if the scene has anything to do with the movie. Naija need more happiness even if it's momentary.

I think naija directors and producers see things this way, which is why they often cast a funny guys like Omidina regardless their significance to the storyline. This is naija style of movie making, we find this in almost all naija movies.
 

teejay

Active Member
#33
Originally posted by Sola
He WAS. But now that he is being misused, he's just tiresome. He needs to redirect his focus and get proper management. Rght now, he turns me off.:mad:
I quite agree with you, Sola. Sometimes he does some funny and realistic comedy. But sometimes I feel like throwing up at times. However, I dont think he pocesses any script for his parts. The thing just flows naturally. The same goes for Baba latin and Baba Ijesha. So far, I quite like Baba Ijesha the guy is good. Also baba Latin.:)

One thing I appreciate about Baba Suwe is that, He originates most of these Nigerian slangs (Yoruba, to be precise), you know?:D
 
O

omosexy

Guest
#34
Originally posted by meniababe
I think he should go futher training.
can he speak english properly? i guess he'll be having loads of slips in english languge because of his overuse of Yoruba and slangs
 

lady_vexy

Well-Known Member
#35
Originally posted by omosexy
can he speak english properly? i guess he'll be having loads of slips in english languge because of his overuse of Yoruba and slangs
yes he can speak english properly cos he was in an english film and he spoke smoothly
 

teejay

Active Member
#37
Originally posted by omosexy
can he speak english properly? i guess he'll be having loads of slips in english languge because of his overuse of Yoruba and slangs
I don't think he is very conversant with his English. @Lady_vexy I really disagree with you. Just because he speaks some pingin English in some movies doesn't mean he can speak good english.

Few years back when he was given an award by the Afro Hollywood, three years ago to be precised. His response to the Award was done in Yoruba. Although, He started in English, but as soon as he started feeling unconfortable with the way the whole thing was not flowing properly. He then switched to yoruba, diplomatically.
 

lady_vexy

Well-Known Member
#38
Originally posted by teejay
I don't think he is very conversant with his English. @Lady_vexy I really disagree with you. Just because he speaks some pingin English in some movies doesn't mean he can speak good english.

Few years back when he was given an award by the Afro Hollywood, three years ago to be precised. His response to the Award was done in Yoruba. Although, He started in English, but as soon as he started feeling unconfortable with the way the whole thing was not flowing properly. He then switched to yoruba, diplomatically.
i dey talk proper english u dey talk pingin altho de part he acted in was small but he still spoke perfectly and any ways the ting be afro award may be he realised half way through the speech to add a bit of culture in and spoke yoruba he didnt exactly got an award for in an english movie. baba suwe started off on stage plays so dere so he iz use to lookin in cameras
 

toyin

Active Member
#39
Originally posted by lady_vexy
i dey talk proper english u dey talk pingin altho de part he acted in was small but he still spoke perfectly and any ways the ting be afro award may be he realised half way through the speech to add a bit of culture in and spoke yoruba he didnt exactly got an award for in an english movie. baba suwe started off on stage plays so dere so he iz use to lookin in cameras
Sometimes, Baba Suwe can be a bore but mostly, he is fantastic comic relief. When watching english ones you don't get as much laughs out of them at all.
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#40
Originally posted by toyin
Sometimes, Baba Suwe can be a bore but mostly, he is fantastic comic relief. When watching english ones you don't get as much laughs out of them at all.
Maybe they should make more english comedies that would make people laugh.
Why would i want to laugh when i'm watching a thriller?Baba Suwe has no business being in a thriller just to make people laugh.
He should be in a comedy flick that makes people laugh from beginning to the end,and not act as some comic relief inside a thriller or high drama movies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top