• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Food recipes Less than 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
4

4Satat

Guest
#1
You got any food you sabi cook well well.
Abeg, let's share.
SHort cuts to making naija dishes outside here and how to cook it too.

Like it took me over one and half hours to cook moi-moi this afternoon! haba!
I tried my best, yet......
I learnt this tricks though: Share yours please

SHORT CUT: To prepare the beans, grate it dry in the blender and then wash off the husks. It comes off easier that way.

TIP: When cooking dry fish, Stock fish or any of our 'smelling' naija food, put a pot of vinegar on the boil on another stove, it absorbs the strong smell.
 
#2
Angelsty said:
You got any food you sabi cook well well.
Abeg, let's share.
SHort cuts to making naija dishes outside here and how to cook it too.

Like it took me over one and half hours to cook moi-moi this afternoon! haba!
I tried my best, yet......
I learnt this tricks though: Share yours please

SHORT CUT: To prepare the beans, grate it dry in the blender and then wash off the husks. It comes off easier that way.

TIP: When cooking dry fish, Stock fish or any of our 'smelling' naija food, put a pot of vinegar on the boil on another stove, it absorbs the strong smell.


To add to your tips: Pour some bleach in a bowl and leave it on stove.
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
#3
You too like food Angel! :)
Angelsty said:
You got any food you sabi cook well well.
Abeg, let's share.
SHort cuts to making naija dishes outside here and how to cook it too.

Like it took me over one and half hours to cook moi-moi this afternoon! haba!
I tried my best, yet......
I learnt this tricks though: Share yours please

SHORT CUT: To prepare the beans, grate it dry in the blender and then wash off the husks. It comes off easier that way.

TIP: When cooking dry fish, Stock fish or any of our 'smelling' naija food, put a pot of vinegar on the boil on another stove, it absorbs the strong smell.
 

zelifat

Well-Known Member
#4
In Canada, the african stores now carry beans with already washed off husk/skin. So all you do is just soak the beans in water to make it softer and then blend!( no more wash wash beans). My sisters I dey do moi-moi every sturday now. So check out ur local african store.
 
4

4Satat

Guest
#5
Sola said:
You too like food Angel! :)
Ekabo O jare egbon.
Nna, How man for do?
Oyinbo junk food with all them preservatives dey fear me here, I no lie you. Plus all mini-fat wey begin dey appear!
 

mimi victor

Well-Known Member
#6
Beans and Dodo
two cups of red naija beans
four cups of water and one teaspoon of salt
together in a pressure cooker for twenty minute
start from boilling then cut the heat off and let steam
for five minute While your beans is cooking slice one
medium onion, four medium tomatoes, and red bellpepper together.
In a saucepan, heat some red palm-oil and start cooking your veggies
When they are almost done add one maggi cube and dry whole crayfish
It is ready when it looks like fried stew You can mix with bean or serve
on the beans. serve with dodo it should taste like Ewa AGAYIN IN
ABSENTIA[you can add a dash of cayyene pepper if you want it hot]
 
4

4Satat

Guest
#13
Nkechi said:
yes oo , the same bleach we use for washing clothes
Thx. that's easier to get. I hate vinegar. And wont even remember to buy it, but at least I always have bleach to some soak..... ' U know what'. ;)
 
4

4Satat

Guest
#14
TIP:
I just experimented on Moi-Moi on Saturday.
Soak the dry bean flour overnight or possibly 24 hours.
Then use to prepare moi-moi usual way.

It will turn out soft like naija-style Aleleh.
Otherwise, chances are you will make Moi-Moi as strong as a rock. ;)
 

NTB

Well-Known Member
#15
Boiling a pot of coffee while cooking the below absorbs the odor also.

Nkechi said:
[/B]

To add to your tips: Pour some bleach in a bowl and leave it on stove.
Angelsty said:
TIP: When cooking dry fish, Stock fish or any of our 'smelling' naija food, put a pot of vinegar on the boil on another stove, it absorbs the strong smell.
 

Ladi

Active Member
#17
zelifat said:
In Canada, the african stores now carry beans with already washed off husk/skin. So all you do is just soak the beans in water to make it softer and then blend!( no more wash wash beans). My sisters I dey do moi-moi every sturday now. So check out ur local african store.

wow, thats awesome. I wish I could find a store here in Atlanta that has that closer to the Marrieta area of course.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.