kill the bride

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Well-Known Member
#22
This homvie is another case of "Fine concept that fell into bad hands".
The idea was good,but the scripting was bad.
All in all,it was ok.
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#24
rolalove said:
It was ok not that bad. i like it
Ofcourse it was not bad,rola.That was mostly owned to the fine fine concept.I think writers like Chikere,Isong and Novia would've made so much more out of that concept.
 
V

vic

Guest
#26
Never seen anyone play drunk as well as Anyamele Sam Uche (Michael’s rival). That guy is good all round.

Mercy Johnson cried so much so hard for so long. The producer should revisit her today and pay her all over again.

While trying to explain her promiscuity, Mercy inched her hands forward to touch Michael by the knee. As soon as Mercy’s finger touched him Michael shouted. Man, that scream made Mercy and I jump. Not even Hollywood movies shot with USD millions have been able to build me up to react that way.

Then that music; that music dedicated to the scene where Mercy was trying to explain things. Throughout the movie the tune conveyed currents to my head that had my brain stirring in slow waves.

The movie is once again exhibitionism of monumental talents in the Naija movie industry in front and behind the camera. And they have not started yet. When they actually begin even the world will know.

The story is simple in its basic structure; almost anyone could come up with it. But the professionalism infused into telling it is serious.

The more I see Naija movies like this the more I detest Hollywood movies. When people mention Hollywood movies and actors on this site (for any reason) I feel like kicking their teeth. That’s just the way mentioning Hollywood makes me feel.
 

Joi

Code Cracker
#27
Kill the Bride 1 & 2

Just saw this movie over the weekend ...

Mercy has a long long way to go....she reminds me of Stephanie Okereke. Between Nkiru Sylvanus and Mercy Johnson....I dont know who cries better but, I'm wishing these newbies a successful career ahead!
 

KikisMuffin

I no get ya time!!
#28
The review on link below sums up my thoughts on the movie...NEXT!
Kill The Bride-
Rita Dominic, Mike Ezuruonye, Mercy Johnson, Anyamele Sam Uche,
Screenplay by Okwui Eneowo
Produced by Vitus Nnebue
Directed by Dickson Iroegbu
Ratings 2
Somebody, call the cops! Somebody is about to get murdered here and it's not the bride, it's us the viewers. Why does Nollywood .......
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#29
Joi said:
Just saw this movie over the weekend ...

Mercy has a long long way to go....she reminds me of Stephanie Okereke. Between Nkiru Sylvanus and Mercy Johnson....I dont know who cries better but, I'm wishing these newbies a successful career ahead!
You're so wrong about that,joi.This homvie did not really showcase her full acting talent.
If you want to really see how talented she is,go watch better homvies like;LOST TO LUST and THE MAID.Also see IN THE NAME OF MONEY.
She was made to cry way too much in Kill the bride and the role never really allow her to showcase her talent.
Talentwise,she is huge.
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#30
KikisMuffin said:
The review on link below sums up my thoughts on the movie...NEXT!
Kill The Bride-
Rita Dominic, Mike Ezuruonye, Mercy Johnson, Anyamele Sam Uche,
Screenplay by Okwui Eneowo
Produced by Vitus Nnebue
Directed by Dickson Iroegbu
Ratings 2
Somebody, call the cops! Somebody is about to get murdered here and it's not the bride, it's us the viewers. Why does Nollywood .......
This guy who is doing the reviews on that site sometimes amazes me!He thinks a trash homvie like Tears Of The Ghetto is worth a rating as high as 4?!!That homvie was one of the worst homvies that i have ever seen in my entire life!It is the same reviewer that gave a good homvie like FOR REAL a very skinny rating of just 2!!
One has to be very careful with that guys reviews and rating and not to overly rely on them.If you want to know what i mean,then go pick the "Tears in the ghetto" homvie,and you will see what i am talking about.
His review on "Kill.." is fairly accurate,though.
 

KikisMuffin

I no get ya time!!
#31
vince said:
This guy who is doing the reviews on that site sometimes amazes me!He thinks a trash homvie like Tears Of The Ghetto is worth a rating as high as 4?!!That homvie was one of the worst homvies that i have ever seen in my entire life!It is the same reviewer that gave a good homvie like FOR REAL a very skinny rating of just 2!!
One has to be very careful with that guys reviews and rating and not to overly rely on them.If you want to know what i mean,then go pick the "Tears in the ghetto" homvie,and you will see what i am talking about.
His review on "Kill.." is fairly accurate,though.
Yeah? Ok then I'll be more objective then when reading his reviews.I'll just wait for the rest y'all to watch the movies b4 i invest in getting anything!;)
 

amamellow

Well-Known Member
#32
this is very true, that guy rated DOUBLE AFFAIR 4 or 3.5 but that movie was crap to me

vince said:
This guy who is doing the reviews on that site sometimes amazes me!He thinks a trash homvie like Tears Of The Ghetto is worth a rating as high as 4?!!That homvie was one of the worst homvies that i have ever seen in my entire life!It is the same reviewer that gave a good homvie like FOR REAL a very skinny rating of just 2!!
One has to be very careful with that guys reviews and rating and not to overly rely on them.If you want to know what i mean,then go pick the "Tears in the ghetto" homvie,and you will see what i am talking about.
His review on "Kill.." is fairly accurate,though.
 
#34
yes ! who is this mercy johnson that i keep hearing. and again why do all these naija stars have foreign last names:the elliot, dominic, now johnson.
barbiejay731 said:
Who is Mercy Johnson?Don't really know her.Does anybody have her pix?
 

Simisola

Well-Known Member
#36
dymesgirl said:
I m not feeling that mercy johnson at all.....she got to brush up her skin a lil.she just need to baff up sha.

Well, dat's just your opinion. Majority of us here like her acting.luxlove:
 

gold_1639

Active Member
#37
I thot the movie was just OK. it didnt wow me or anything, i kept waiting for sthg extraordinary to happen, but it didnt. same ole, same ole... a whole lotta crying and dragged out scenes. I also didnt understand why they gave it that title, no one said anything about killing the bride, or is it that what she did makes u wanna 'kill the bride'. i'm sorry, but i dint quite get it. But i loved Mike's accent in the movie, he def. pulled it off well
 

Hubscrown

Well-Known Member
#38
gold_1639 said:
I thot the movie was just OK. it didnt wow me or anything, i kept waiting for sthg extraordinary to happen, but it didnt. same ole, same ole... a whole lotta crying and dragged out scenes. I also didnt understand why they gave it that title, no one said anything about killing the bride, or is it that what she did makes u wanna 'kill the bride'. i'm sorry, but i dint quite get it. But i loved Mike's accent in the movie, he def. pulled it off well
See it as shakespear love story narrated by the catalyst. I think the title is right in the aspect that the bride deserves to serve a punishment for her naiveness and lack of judgement. Believe me the girl deserves to be burnt, right in an open market. But at the same time you want to pity her for being naive. I love the delivery and its not every story telling will have a wow moment. You just need to see the kind of stupid decision and mistakes people makes everyday. There is no way the story could had been deliver than that because its tries to mimic true life story and there is no huge climax to it.
This movie is just like "Mystic River" or "Million Dollar Baby". Both movie got great Oscar nod, not really for the story but for the actors able to deliver the story well.

*How I wish Eddie had listen to his Father.
 

amamellow

Well-Known Member
#39
this is an ok movie but who said mike ezereonye can not act, the guy can act some people were talking about him faking his accent but i think anybody who has live abroad for five years does not speak the same . in the movie he was in the states for five years so it was accepted. the girl mercy also has got very good talents i like her .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top