• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Love After Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#1
Director: Tchidi Chikere
Main Actors/Actresses: Patience Ozokwor, Justus Esiri, Tchidi Chikere, Rita Dominic.
Brief Synopsis:
Old widower falls in love with his widow cook, sparking a wave of jealousy in his younger washer-woman and the widow's son who both believe it is not right for them to do this at their old ages. The son, (in my opinion) is suffering from an extreme case of Oedipus complex, going as far as calling the widower a "mother-snatcher" (SCANDAL) and making things impossible for the two love birds. Meanwhile, the widower's daughter arrives from the US (where else?? :eyes ) and has given her father her blessing to re-marry and her path crosses with the widow's son (without knowing who he is) and they fall in love.
Will the old love-birds marry?
Will the potential step brother and step sister be able to marry? (watch out for part two)

Ok. that is a brief syno of the movie. Now my thoughts.

I looooooooooved the movie.
It was refreshing seeing older actors playing this story of love.
This movie touched on some essential human elements that abound in our society when it comes to this scenario: Jealosy, fear of being alone, Love, especially loving again after you've hit the "over the hill" mark, and one I find interesting: the extreme stigma placed on older women who want to marry again, and a son's love for his mother and his fear of loosing her.

It was lovely seeing Patience in this role. She was so great, playing a shy bashful woman being chased by the widower.

The concept of love among older folks was very tastefully done and developed. I could feel myself moving along with the characters and falling in love with Patience like the chief did. And I also knew the washer woman was going to make trouble and she played her part well.
The ungratefulness and selfishness and fear of abandonment and neglect were unfeelingly portrayed by the actor, I heard his lines, but I couldn't feel them.
The obstacles that love faced in this movie was great, although the actor who was presenting this challenge did a piss-poor job.

This must be why older women in our society don't remarry, the stigma associated with the whole remarry business when your husband dies.

The movie was simply done, but that didn't take away from the movie.

The widower got me when he told Patience's character: "Am I the one to rekindle the dead fires of passion within you?" Old school macking. Gets the women every time. :D

I would have loved if the stigma of loving again for older women angle were developed more, but all in all, it was nicely done.

The actors/actresses in this movie were superb, (except for tchidi chikere, and rita dominic.) they did an excellent job in portraying this story.

All in all, I loved the movie, it was superbly done with the exception of a few kinks and bad acting by Tchidi chikere. It almost suffered the same fate of most Nigerian movies, it almost faltered at the end, but it picked back up.

Em, on another note: what the f**k were the writer and director thinking? Potential step brother and stepsister developing feelings? We're told to watch out for part 2 to find out. I think I'll skip it. Part 1 is too beautiful and ended just right to let a part 2 ruin it for me.

Verdict: 8.5/10.

(p.s: for such a brilliant director, Tchidi Chikere is a lousy actor. He should stick behind the camera and not in front of it.)

If you've seen this movie what are your thoughts?
 

Pretty Girl

Well-Known Member
#5
Thickmadam said:
Thanks, but una don watch the fim?
it won't do any good if there is no one to give me their feedback now!! :(
No, I haven't seen the movie, but don't worry., I 'll try and get my hands on the movie today in order to watch it. ASAP. :)
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#6
Looking forward to hearing your views.

ok so i'm looking forward to hearing your take on the movie.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Pretty Girl said:
No, I haven't seen the movie, but don't worry., I 'll try and get my hands on the movie today in order to watch it. ASAP. :)
 

bigmomma

Well-Known Member
#8
damm sista you need to be a critic u talk am well sha and me sef i loved that old school macking it was off the chains and as i said b4 in another thread Tchidi Chikere should stay behind the camera cos na im spoil the movie with him mediocre acting and uhhum i no agree with that love thingy between the kids but i guess since tehy are not related by blood they can venture into it and pls NO PART 2.

Remember that part wey the washer woman dey want entice Chief that one got me rolling o :roll :roll :roll
 

Moremi

Active Member
#9
Girl that movie sucked!! I couldnt even stayed up to watch it.
:imp
Thickmadam said:
Director: Tchidi Chikere
Main Actors/Actresses: Patience Ozokwor, Justus Esiri, Tchidi Chikere, Rita Dominic.
Brief Synopsis:
Old widower falls in love with his widow cook, sparking a wave of jealousy in his younger washer-woman and the widow's son who both believe it is not right for them to do this at their old ages. The son, (in my opinion) is suffering from an extreme case of Oedipus complex, going as far as calling the widower a "mother-snatcher" (SCANDAL) and making things impossible for the two love birds. Meanwhile, the widower's daughter arrives from the US (where else?? :eyes ) and has given her father her blessing to re-marry and her path crosses with the widow's son (without knowing who he is) and they fall in love.
Will the old love-birds marry?
Will the potential step brother and step sister be able to marry? (watch out for part two)

Ok. that is a brief syno of the movie. Now my thoughts.

I looooooooooved the movie.
It was refreshing seeing older actors playing this story of love.
This movie touched on some essential human elements that abound in our society when it comes to this scenario: Jealosy, fear of being alone, Love, especially loving again after you've hit the "over the hill" mark, and one I find interesting: the extreme stigma placed on older women who want to marry again, and a son's love for his mother and his fear of loosing her.

It was lovely seeing Patience in this role. She was so great, playing a shy bashful woman being chased by the widower.

The concept of love among older folks was very tastefully done and developed. I could feel myself moving along with the characters and falling in love with Patience like the chief did. And I also knew the washer woman was going to make trouble and she played her part well.
The ungratefulness and selfishness and fear of abandonment and neglect were unfeelingly portrayed by the actor, I heard his lines, but I couldn't feel them.
The obstacles that love faced in this movie was great, although the actor who was presenting this challenge did a piss-poor job.

This must be why older women in our society don't remarry, the stigma associated with the whole remarry business when your husband dies.

The movie was simply done, but that didn't take away from the movie.

The widower got me when he told Patience's character: "Am I the one to rekindle the dead fires of passion within you?" Old school macking. Gets the women every time. :D

I would have loved if the stigma of loving again for older women angle were developed more, but all in all, it was nicely done.

The actors/actresses in this movie were superb, (except for tchidi chikere, and rita dominic.) they did an excellent job in portraying this story.

All in all, I loved the movie, it was superbly done with the exception of a few kinks and bad acting by Tchidi chikere. It almost suffered the same fate of most Nigerian movies, it almost faltered at the end, but it picked back up.

Em, on another note: what the f**k were the writer and director thinking? Potential step brother and stepsister developing feelings? We're told to watch out for part 2 to find out. I think I'll skip it. Part 1 is too beautiful and ended just right to let a part 2 ruin it for me.

Verdict: 8.5/10.

(p.s: for such a brilliant director, Tchidi Chikere is a lousy actor. He should stick behind the camera and not in front of it.)

If you've seen this movie what are your thoughts?
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#10
Eh!!!! Say Gini???

:eek: :confused: :shock
Well, different strokes for different folks.
I for one loved the movie. except for the bad acting by Tchidi chikere and Rita Dominic, the movie was great for me.
Please tell me if you don't mind...why didn't you like the movie?

Moremi said:
Girl that movie sucked!! I couldnt even stayed up to watch it.
:imp
 

Babyai

Well-Known Member
#11
Thickmadam said:
All in all, I loved the movie, it was superbly done with the exception of a few kinks and bad acting by Tchidi chikere. It almost suffered the same fate of most Nigerian movies, it almost faltered at the end, but it picked back up.

(p.s: for such a brilliant director, Tchidi Chikere is a lousy actor. He should stick behind the camera and not in front of it.)

If you've seen this movie what are your thoughts?
Good movie indeed and I'll rate it 7/10 but I'll rather skip the part II. Who's this Tchidi? Is he Patience's son in the movie and what's the real name of the washer woman?
 

kcbabe64

Well-Known Member
#12
Thickmadam said:
Thanks, but una don watch the fim?
it won't do any good if there is no one to give me their feedback now!! :(

i ve seen d movie really good, i loved it as well. my mom was happy 2 see patience play a different role 2 what she normally plays. though i miss her been a wicked woman in films.
 
#13
kcbabe64 said:
i ve seen d movie really good, i loved it as well. my mom was happy 2 see patience play a different role 2 what she normally plays. though i miss her been a wicked woman in films.
My wife calls patience "Cantergorous woman" i laugh everytime she watches any of her movies and come back and talk about like a very funny movie inside a movie.



Grings
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#14
Grings: hahaha, funny. But patience is a canterkours (or however you spell that) woman

kcbabe64: Great...so what did you think of the movie? wasn't patience good in the movie? didn't she do a good job? soemtimes I tire for her wicked roles sha.

Yema:Ah Yema, Tchidi is Patience's son in the movie, and i forgot to catch the real name of the washer woman.

bigmomma: hehehe, i was jobless this week na so wetin i for do? and YES, i'll scream it out loud, tchidi needs to stay behind the camera. TUFIA! ARU!! anyway i'm not even planning on watching part 2 so if they like, make dem marry. shu!
Ah! the enticing part was so so hilarious. where did they find those jeans she had on? I hope she has more flattering jeans in real life?


Pretty Girl: em, is it me or do you sound a bit sarcastic and skceptical?
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#16
think about it

Not really, think about it though.
Love after love.
Can you love again after loving someone else?
his wife who was the love of his life passed away and he's wondering if patience is his love after his first love.
 

kcbabe64

Well-Known Member
#17
Thickmadam said:
Grings: hahaha, funny. But patience is a canterkours (or however you spell that) woman

kcbabe64: Great...so what did you think of the movie? wasn't patience good in the movie? didn't she do a good job? soemtimes I tire for her wicked roles sha.

Yema:Ah Yema, Tchidi is Patience's son in the movie, and i forgot to catch the real name of the washer woman.

bigmomma: hehehe, i was jobless this week na so wetin i for do? and YES, i'll scream it out loud, tchidi needs to stay behind the camera. TUFIA! ARU!! anyway i'm not even planning on watching part 2 so if they like, make dem marry. shu!
Ah! the enticing part was so so hilarious. where did they find those jeans she had on? I hope she has more flattering jeans in real life?


Pretty Girl: em, is it me or do you sound a bit sarcastic and skceptical?

d movie wasnt bad at all, but i really miss patience playin all dem wicked roles or somethin funny. but she is sure fine, am sure all dem boys where tripin for her in dem days.
 

Pretty Girl

Well-Known Member
#18
Thickmadam said:
Pretty Girl: em, is it me or do you sound a bit sarcastic and skceptical?
ah........Thickmadam, nooooo..........am not being sarcastic, but maybe you could say am being a little skeptical.........and the reason for that is that looking from the title of the movie, I thought that the movie was going to be one of those recycled love stories, but from your syno of the movie, I realised that it is a movie with a different kind of storyline. Also, you gave the movie a good rating and you've also encouraged us to go see it. So am trusting you on your judgement about the movie which has also encouraged me to go see the movie. I hope you now understand me. :)
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
#19
kcbabe: i do get tired of seeing patience play the same role movie after movie. except for one dollar. she was hilarious there also. this was a sweet portrayal.

prettygirl: of course i understand you. you've got every right to be skeptical. just because i rant and rave about a movie doesn't mean it's going to be good for you. but do let me konw what you think after you watch it please. (p.s. i also highly recommend rising sun. i practically foam at the mouth for that one :D )

alright i'm signing off now. my last post of the day. I have managed, much to my own amazement, to waste my whole day doing nothing but surfing Naijarules and catching up on what i missed and posting every which way on this site. Kai! i'm addicted o! i'm going to go home now and fall into bed and pray for my addiction. :D Good night.
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
#20
Thickmadam said:
kcbabe: i do get tired of seeing patience play the same role movie after movie. except for one dollar. she was hilarious there also. this was a sweet portrayal.

prettygirl: of course i understand you. you've got every right to be skeptical. just because i rant and rave about a movie doesn't mean it's going to be good for you. but do let me konw what you think after you watch it please. (p.s. i also highly recommend rising sun. i practically foam at the mouth for that one :D )

alright i'm signing off now. my last post of the day. I have managed, much to my own amazement, to waste my whole day doing nothing but surfing Naijarules and catching up on what i missed and posting every which way on this site. Kai! i'm addicted o! i'm going to go home now and fall into bed and pray for my addiction. :D Good night.
We love you too. And you had a productive day! You have given me a LOT to raed! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.