Naija Movie Theme2:love Or Loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Well-Known Member
#1
We see these storylines all the time,a young girl in the village from a poor home.
A averagely well to do man comes over and takes her to the city to live with him and eventually marry her.
The man does everything for her,finances her higher education and so on and so forth.
Along the way the girl falls in love for another man and betrays the man who is her husband/benefactor.
Remember that there is no talk of love whatsoever between the girl and her benefactor/husband.
Now would you blame the girl for falling in love with another man?
Now put yourselves in her shoes,do you think that you're being ungrateful and disloyal for following your heart?
Or would you blot out any sentiment of love for another man and concentrate for the rest of your life to being faithful,grateful and loyal to the man who did so much for you.
Remember that this scenario is common in nigeria,LOVELESS MARRIAGES.
Your takes:)
 

toyin

Active Member
#3
Originally posted by vince
We see these storylines all the time,a young girl in the village from a poor home.
A averagely well to do man comes over and takes her to the city to live with him and eventually marry her.
The man does everything for her,finances her higher education and so on and so forth.
Along the way the girl falls in love for another man and betrays the man who is her husband/benefactor.
Remember that there is no talk of love whatsoever between the girl and her benefactor/husband.
Now would you blame the girl for falling in love with another man?
Now put yourselves in her shoes,do you think that you're being ungrateful and disloyal for following your heart?
Or would you blot out any sentiment of love for another man and concentrate for the rest of your life to being faithful,grateful and loyal to the man who did so much for you.
Remember that this scenario is common in nigeria,LOVELESS MARRIAGES.
Your takes:)
Funny enough dem show one film for TV called 'choices'. na ghanian film, exact scenario, difference is when the girl leaves the guys, they commit suicide. She is therefore being called a witch because two men comitted suicide after she dumped them.

I think you can blame the girls cos we all know that people usually only help that much if there is something in it for them.
 

toyin

Active Member
#4
Re: Re: Naija Movie Theme2:love Or Loyalty

I think you can blame the girls cos we all know that people usually only help that much if there is something in it for them. [/B][/QUOTE]

No one is that naive and even if they are, they should find out what the guys intentions are before behaving like alajese.
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#7
Re: Re: Naija Movie Theme2:love Or Loyalty

Originally posted by toyin
Funny enough dem show one film for TV called 'choices'. na ghanian film, exact scenario, difference is when the girl leaves the guys, they commit suicide. She is therefore being called a witch because two men comitted suicide after she dumped them.

I think you can blame the girls cos we all know that people usually only help that much if there is something in it for them.
Can you really blame any girl in that similar situation?
You see someone who is willing to take you out of poverty and you start asking questions about the sincerity of that person's intentions.
Is that realistic?We're talking about naija here o,where there are very little options to move ahead.
 

toyin

Active Member
#8
Re: Re: Re: Naija Movie Theme2:love Or Loyalty

Originally posted by vince
Can you really blame any girl in that similar situation?
You see someone who is willing to take you out of poverty and you start asking questions about the sincerity of that person's intentions.
Is that realistic?We're talking about naija here o,where there are very little options to move ahead.
You are right there but can she really feign ignorance of the guy's motive? Na the guy pple go abuse say na mugun/alaru daale bii tipper
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Naija Movie Theme2:love Or Loyalty

Originally posted by toyin
You are right there but can she really feign ignorance of the guy's motive? Na the guy pple go abuse say na mugun/alaru daale bii tipper
Yes,but the crux of the issue here is,will you stay married to such a person out of sheer loyalty,although you do not have an ounce of love for him?
Most people in naija will expect you to,you know,or else they call you wicked and ungrateful.
 

toyin

Active Member
#11
That's life though. Even if the guy doesn't do that much for you initially and you marry him only to fall out of love later, no one will pat you on the head and say what a brilliant human being you are. I suppose I would go out with the person to see the way I feel about him before marrying them.
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#12
Originally posted by toyin
That's life though. Even if the guy doesn't do that much for you initially and you marry him only to fall out of love later, no one will pat you on the head and say what a brilliant human being you are. I suppose I would go out with the person to see the way I feel about him before marrying them.
What if he pushes for marriage immediately because he wants a child?This scenario is not uncommon in our society.
A rich guy sees you,wants to marry you and bear his children and that's it.No talk of love or anything like that.
How do you handle that?
 

toyin

Active Member
#13
Originally posted by vince
What if he pushes for marriage immediately because he wants a child?This scenario is not uncommon in our society.
A rich guy sees you,wants to marry you and bear his children and that's it.No talk of love or anything like that.
How do you handle that?
Take the money and run. Marriage without love is like being a bird in a cage. What is the use of wings if you cannot fly? I'd rather die!:eek:
 

vince

Well-Known Member
#14
Originally posted by toyin
Take the money and run. Marriage without love is like being a bird in a cage. What is the use of wings if you cannot fly? I'd rather die!:eek:
You don too tey for obodo oyinboland as you dey yarn.
Na so e easy to run?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top