• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sex Education: At What Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
At what age do u think is right for a parent to start discussing sex with their child.
I think You should begin talking to your child about sex very early. Teach your child that his or her body is a gift from God.
The age of 3 or 4 years is okay to teach the children the difference between good touches and bad touches. They should know that unless someone is helping them take a bath or go to the bathroom, no one should touch them in their private parts. Let the child know it’s okay to say no if someone tries to touch them there, even if it is a family member.

Can someone please tell me if i am wrong and when or what to tell your children about sex?
 

hafseedee

Well-Known Member
#2
well Nkechi i am thinking right now amd i honestly think that ur right because this world had changed alot and its stil chaninging. see when we were small no one really spoke to us about this sex issue. well at least for me no one told me about sex. i found that outmy self outside among friends. i wont tell at what age because is embarrasing.and i was abused as a child and according to inteligent reserchers the statictics shows that most kids abused usually comes form a relative or some one they know and truust and this is true. so i tottaly agree with you that a kid at that age of 3 and 4four should know the diff btw a good and bad tauch. and to immidietly report if any one tauch them in a wrong way. but talking about it really should be when the kid turn 11 or so 13 at least to be a teenager althoguh am not sure about this what do u think nnkechi.
 
#3
hafseedee said:
well nnkechi i am thinking right now amd i honestly think that ur right because this world had changed alot and its stil chaninging. see when we were small no one really spoke to us about this sex issue. well at least for me no one told me about sex. i found that outmy self outside among friends. i wont tell at what age because is embarrasing.and i was abused as a child and according to inteligent reserchers the statictics shows that most kids abused usually comes form a relative or some one they know and truust and this is true. so i tottaly agree with you that a kid at that age of 3 and 4four should know the diff btw a good and bad tauch. and to immidietly report if any one tauch them in a wrong way. but talking about it really should be when the kid turn 11 or so 13 at least to be a teenager althoguh am not sure about this what do u think nnkechi.

Before your children reach puberty, we should make sure you’ve explained to them what is like to move from childhood to adulthood. We should not let them get this from school in this case you will be able to discuss what the school teaches them.
Since kids these days mature differently, i think this age is not bad.
 

Sweetchocolate

Well-Known Member
#4
Nkechi said:
At what age do u think is right for a parent to start discussing sex with their child.
I think You should begin talking to your child about sex very early. Teach your child that his or her body is a gift from God.
The age of 3 or 4 years is okay to teach the children the difference between good touches and bad touches. They should know that unless someone is helping them take a bath or go to the bathroom, no one should touch them in their private parts. Let the child know it’s okay to say no if someone tries to touch them there, even if it is a family member.

Can someone please tell me if i am wrong and when or what to tell your children about sex?

u right

coz they learn most of it at skool at that age anyways
 

toyin

Active Member
#7
Nkechi, you are right about 3-4yr. Detailed discussion should take place by age 10 though. My 7yr old already knows words like snog and sex. She thinks sex means love and kissing but imagune the shock when she said it.
 
#8
sex education for children at what age/

Me i be new member and i be iya agba. This internet tech pass man o becos
I don reach 3 months wey man don join but I no dey fit log in. Make una helep me thank God say Oritshe make am work today.

My advise be say make una start to talk to una pikin once dem start to ask question about sex, heaving petting, touch for any part of the pikin body either from family members or strangers. Them fit start to dey ask this question dem once they enter primary/grade one. After person don know wetin the pikin don no you fit take from there. Some of these children fit teach their Mama and Papa wetin dem sef no no. Dem dey exposed to more info tech more than we o .

Ogeneme biko any body we wait till pikin reach puberty na i toro. This na my Field o. I thank una. I love my Countri NAIJA and i troway salut for NR.
 

Beyonce

MOther b4 mother
#9
i'd say @ ages 7.
holla
Nkechi said:
At what age do u think is right for a parent to start discussing sex with their child.
I think You should begin talking to your child about sex very early. Teach your child that his or her body is a gift from God.
The age of 3 or 4 years is okay to teach the children the difference between good touches and bad touches. They should know that unless someone is helping them take a bath or go to the bathroom, no one should touch them in their private parts. Let the child know it’s okay to say no if someone tries to touch them there, even if it is a family member.

Can someone please tell me if i am wrong and when or what to tell your children about sex?
 

robeta_021

Well-Known Member
#11
Nkechi said:
Before your children reach puberty, we should make sure you’ve explained to them what is like to move from childhood to adulthood. We should not let them get this from school in this case you will be able to discuss what the school teaches them.
Since kids these days mature differently, i think this age is not bad.

I agree with you Nkechi, parents need to ensure that their kids have a certain amout of sex education by the time they reach puberty, I believe this will help in reducing child abuse, as the child will be able to identify and report any improper behavior they experienced fro anyone.
 

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
#12
robeta_021 said:
I agree with you Nkechi, parents need to ensure that their kids have a certain amout of sex education by the time they reach puberty, I believe this will help in reducing child abuse, as the child will be able to identify and report any improper behavior they experienced fro anyone.

Nah not really, your parents are selfish, they wont tell you to use a bloody condom if you do decide to have sex, or to be friends with boys. They scare you because they love you, they'll tell you to stay away from boys because they are bad and will get you pregnant and ruin your life. I never got sex education from my parents and well compared to many of my friends that got it, I got a chance to know what was right from what was wrong.

And child abuse?!!!!!!! If someone makes you feel uncomfortable by touching you in unknown places, they are sexually abusing you ;) And thats what I would tell my child, so when her uncles carry her and grab her arm to fling her over their backs, she'll scream and say they abused her sexually, and then who will pay for the humiliation?!
 

robeta_021

Well-Known Member
#13
mamarita said:
Nah not really, your parents are selfish, they wont tell you to use a bloody condom if you do decide to have sex, or to be friends with boys. They scare you because they love you, they'll tell you to stay away from boys because they are bad and will get you pregnant and ruin your life. I never got sex education from my parents and well compared to many of my friends that got it, I got a chance to know what was right from what was wrong.

And child abuse?!!!!!!! If someone makes you feel uncomfortable by touching you in unknown places, they are sexually abusing you ;) And thats what I would tell my child, so when her uncles carry her and grab her arm to fling her over their backs, she'll scream and say they abused her sexually, and then who will pay for the humiliation?!

I see your point mamrita, a lot of African parents actually scare you rather than tell you the basics of sex education. Some people still fare fine without receiving sex education from their parents because they might hear it from others or from school or read about it, which is fine, but I still think that parents should be more open and tell their kids these things early in life rather than leaving the child to findout on his/her own.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.