Apple becomes most valuable company of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Apple Inc became the most valuable public company of all time on Monday, after its market value climbed beyond $620 billion to surpass a milestone set by Microsoft Corp more than a decade ago.

MORE

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
What?!?!?!? A positive thread about Apple from Sola?!? :shock
News is news, and sentiments should have no impact on its reportage - or posting. Na you no dey see the positives when I post them. I think the products are good. Its the company I'm no fan of.

blackpearl

Apple fails to become the most valuable company

PATENT LITIGATOR Apple, despite feverish fanboi reports, has not become the most valuable company in the world, as its market capitalisation of $623.5bn is still eclipsed by that of Petrochina.

Apple's fans regularly trot out the firm's market capitalisation, which is the value of a single share multiplied by the number of shares available. Yesterday Apple's stock finished at an all-time high of $665.15, resulting in a market capitalisation value of $665.15bn, which some fanbois incorrectly claimed made it the most valuable company in the world.

In present day trading and thus ignoring inflation, Apple's market capitalisation doesn't top the charts, with Petrochina, a company traded in New York, Hong Kong and Shanghai worth $722bn.

Apple's present market capitalisation might have taken it beyond Microsoft's 1999 value during the dot-com bubble, though that doesn't account for inflation, which would put Microsoft ahead by a good two hundred billion or so. Accounting for inflation, it is IBM that takes the honour of having the highest historical market capitalisation, with its 1967 share price resulting in a market capitalisation - adjusted for inflation - of $1.3tn, double that of Apple.

Apple fails to become the most valuable company - The Inquirer

Sifu

LOL. Nah. Years ago we had some money and we considered Apple. I knew it was going to make a come back after the market went crazy but wow did it come back. I could have been sitting very well right about now. I live in the midwest o not a midwesterner. You and Shimdey must drink the same water

sidney

LOL. Nah. Years ago we had some money and we considered Apple. I knew it was going to make a come back after the market went crazy but wow did it come back. I could have been sitting very well right about now. I live in the midwest o not a midwesterner. You and Shimdey must drink the same water

O-hee-ho woman! smokin:

Status
Not open for further replies.