• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Behind Closed Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbabe64

i just finished watchin dis movie right now, i agree wid ur rating for d movie. i think sud be a block buster. and there is a part 3 again.

but desmond elliot character pissed me off so bad. after agreeing wid their PERFECT PLA,he blames his wife and brother for everything.

Videoscope

Naija Movie Critic
Saw the movie and thot it was really nice too. From a movie critic like me, that's good. I won't go so far as saying 10/10, but it was good. That's if you overlook the long scenes where Stella sang in the beginning. So she's the lead singer of a band in real life, did they have to force us to get it? But it was good though. I forgave them the part 2 but I don't know if I'll be watchng part 3. The Lancelot\Emem combination have had some successes and some miss-hits, but this is one of the former rather than the latter.
P.S if you're doing a review, you don't have to give some crucial parts of the story away. it spoils the fun for others.

Iya Laje

Men I haven't seen any new Nollywood movie in like a year....I'm gonna get so much and watch it this summer

zelifat

Think the movie was okay. Storyline was good but the execution fell short for me. The scenes were stretched out too long. They were not crisp and to the point at all. Examples-Stella's singing scenes needed to be edited to just 1 or 2 mins just to introduce her character's profession. It was annoying to watch even if she's a good singer. Patience's prayer scenes were also too long. This movie was like watching a nigerian soap opera and the fact that they made a part 3 just grates on my nerve. It could be conveniently made into just ONE part and be very tight. The director and editor did a poor job in that regard. Stella and RMD combination though has great chemistry but there was a deja vu feeling to watching them cos they acted just as they've done in other movies, especially Stella-she also had some overacting ( i think this is where Genevieve and Bimbo Akintola have an edge over Stella and Omotola. Genny and Bimbo can bring the subtle depths of a character. The movie just kindda fell short for me and maybe because I watched it right after DARKEST NIGHT (which I thought was a good movie for naija standard- at least I can watch it with pride with my oyinbo/Indian friends).
Overall I would give BEHIND CLOSED DOORS a rating of 5/10 qand DARKEST NIGHT 7.5/10. I hope a site can be created where naija movies will just be critiqued and these directors and co will read them to improve cos I know they can really do better.

eyi-mofe

Behind closed doors---SDA sings

Behind Closed Doors is a new release starring SDA,RMD and ELLIOT .Stella performs her Night club Act .(Ibo and English Numbers.) the girl can sing and dance too.The film too is very powerful and emotional it is one of the best so far this year.(only watch the part 1 of the two parts film)

Shekua

Videoscope said:
Saw the movie and thot it was really nice too. From a movie critic like me, that's good. I won't go so far as saying 10/10, but it was good. That's if you overlook the long scenes where Stella sang in the beginning. So she's the lead singer of a band in real life, did they have to force us to get it? But it was good though. I forgave them the part 2 but I don't know if I'll be watchng part 3. The Lancelot\Emem combination have had some successes and some miss-hits, but this is one of the former rather than the latter.
P.S if you're doing a review, you don't have to give some crucial parts of the story away. it spoils the fun for others.

Righto, your advice is taken and Thanks.

Shekua

zelifat said:
Think the movie was okay. Storyline was good but the execution fell short for me. The scenes were stretched out too long. They were not crisp and to the point at all. Examples-Stella's singing scenes needed to be edited to just 1 or 2 mins just to introduce her character's profession. It was annoying to watch even if she's a good singer. Patience's prayer scenes were also too long. This movie was like watching a nigerian soap opera and the fact that they made a part 3 just grates on my nerve. It could be conveniently made into just ONE part and be very tight. The director and editor did a poor job in that regard. Stella and RMD combination though has great chemistry but there was a deja vu feeling to watching them cos they acted just as they've done in other movies, especially Stella-she also had some overacting ( i think this is where Genevieve and Bimbo Akintola have an edge over Stella and Omotola. Genny and Bimbo can bring the subtle depths of a character. The movie just kindda fell short for me and maybe because I watched it right after DARKEST NIGHT (which I thought was a good movie for naija standard- at least I can watch it with pride with my oyinbo/Indian friends).
Overall I would give BEHIND CLOSED DOORS a rating of 5/10 qand DARKEST NIGHT 7.5/10. I hope a site can be created where naija movies will just be critiqued and these directors and co will read them to improve cos I know they can really do better.

Am sure this Part 1 & 2 & 3 has come to stay my dear. For instance i don't know what a Part 3 of that movie is going to tell viewers. Part 3 for what? It looks as if there is no way out, it's been raised several times here but the explanation is always that they don't see any way out.

Shekua

Pretty Girl said:
haaa! 10/10...am yet to see a Nollywood movie with that kind of pass mark. Even the ones that were almost perfectly made still woudn't get that kind of passmark...I mean we're not yet above the flaws criteria at this point in our movies.

My way of seeing things are different. Ghanaian movies are far back beyond description. So far i think since the whole of this year 2005, the only movie that has been produced in Ghana is "My Mother's Heart". And with so much publicity the movie is still not out. The said movie was even directed by a Nigerian - Ifenyi Onyeabo.... (Am not sure of the spellings). Ghanaian Films are nothing to write home about and so why do you blame me for giving a beautiful movie 10/10. The over strectched scenes to me are just minor problems with Nigerian movies and i beleive with time it will be solve. Nigerian Movies had horrible sound problems initially but today it's been rectified. So don't blame me now! luxlove: After all, a prophet is not recognised by his own people now! :spiny:

Pete

zelifat said:
Overall I would give BEHIND CLOSED DOORS a rating of 5/10 qand DARKEST NIGHT 7.5/10.
So, what type of movie is "Darkest Night"? Sounds like a horror movie.

solatoks

naija rules 4ever
Shekua said:
Once again "the governor" (Lancelot) did a good job. The title of the movie is Behind Closed Doors. It starred RMD, Stella, Patience Ozorkwo and Desmond Elliot.

The story is about two brothers, the younger one was impotent and was married and of course couldn't bare a child. On the other side, the senior brother who was not married, also smoked and developed cancer of the lungs and was expected to die within six months. The two brothers came out with a plan (even though, it took some effort to convince the younger one) that the senior brother sleeps with his wife to get them a baby before he dies so that their family leanage will not be wiped out.

They both convinced the wife and they all went ahead with the plan, just moments after the execution of the plan the younger brother changed his mind but it was too late. Their highly religious mother came in prayed and God did a miracle so the Senior brother's cancer vanished. Life after was a hell for the wife, mother and the two brothers.

I rate this movie 10/10 and recommend. Can you imagine Patience Ozokwor speaking in Tongues? :shock
I intend to watch the film after my exams however I was told that there's going to be a 3rd part to it? Is it for real?

Shekua

solatoks said:
I intend to watch the film after my exams however I was told that there's going to be a 3rd part to it? Is it for real?

Yes, for real, there is going to be Part 3. I really can't tell what will happened in Part 3, whether its going to be full of flash backs or a new idea would pop up!. I am not ready to watch that because i feel the movie was good and does not need a third part.

Shekua

Pete said:
So, what type of movie is "Darkest Night"? Sounds like a horror movie.

Darkest Night, hmmm.......... i will call it an action movie. It's not horror. With Horror try Teco's "Six Demons" (Unfortunately i couldn't complete it, i didn't like it at all).

Pete

Shekua said:
Darkest Night, hmmm.......... i will call it an action movie. It's not horror. With Horror try Teco's "Six Demons" (Unfortunately i couldn't complete it, i didn't like it at all).
Ok, thanks, Shekua. :)

Pretty Girl

Yeah, the movie was quite interesting....at least it was a kind of movie that would put you on your toes as to want to know what will happen next except for the as usual prolonged scenes that almost got me to give up on the movie sef...anyway, thank God for the almight fastfoward button now that at least gave me enough patience to be able to get thru with watching some other more important scenes.

Meddeen250

Emem Isong and Rob Emeka Eze are setting very high standards in Nollywood. They've produced films like; Critical Decision, Games Women Play, Private Sin, Darkest Night and now Behind Closed Doors. I just hope they'll be able to maintain the high standards they've set themselves. Keep up the good work, Rob and Emem. :action-sm :action-sm

Status
Not open for further replies.