• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Behind Closed Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shekua

Pretty Girl said:
Yeah, the movie was quite interesting....at least it was a kind of movie that would put you on your toes as to want to know what will happen next except for the as usual prolonged scenes that almost got me to give up on the movie sef...anyway, thank God for the almight fastfoward button now that at least gave me enough patience to be able to get thru with watching some other more important scenes.

Thank God i didn't waste your money!

Shekua

khamileon said:
Just saw the movie......all i can say is, this is some serious movie! Props to Emem Isong and co...

These guys are making a mark in the movie industry oh!

Emem Isong
Lancelot (The Govenor)
Gabriel & Damien (is that right?) Moses
Rob Emeka Eze

Are they new guys? or they have been in business for all this while?

All the same am glad my 10/10 rating is not an exageration after all, Vince watch the movie and let me have your comments please. rolly:

vince

Shekua said:
These guys are making a mark in the movie industry oh!

Emem Isong
Lancelot (The Govenor)
Gabriel & Damien (is that right?) Moses
Rob Emeka Eze

Are they new guys? or they have been in business for all this while?

All the same am glad my 10/10 rating is not an exageration after all, Vince watch the movie and let me have your comments please. rolly:
Remove that name,abeg! :cool-smil

Meddeen250

Shekua said:
Which of them? :cool:

The highlighted names and I agree with Vince. How many good movies have they produced? I thought you were going to mention someone like Ojiofor Ezeanyaeche (the owner of OJ productions), he's very good.

Pretty Girl

Shekua said:
Thank God i didn't waste your money!
Thanks...you're right...but I still didn't see the need for that movie to extend all the way to have a part three. All those unecessary prelonged scenes from the first and second part should have been more than enough to squeeze in whatever they wanted to add more from the part three.

lola_americana

i'M bRinGinG sExYBacK!!!!
Pretty Girl said:
Thanks...you're right...but I still didn't see the need for that movie to extend all the way to have a part three. All those unecessary prelonged scenes from the first and second part should have been more than enough to squeeze in whatever they wanted to add more from the part three.
i agree with you but that movie is so good that you'll forgive it of every flaw it might have

vince

I am afraid,i do not share all you guys' enthusiasm about the movie.The story of the movie was so unrealistic to me that i found it silly.But it was entertaining a bit,that much i will give it.But it is not one of the better Isong scripts,as it had too many flaws in the storyline to be really called a top movie.
Make una no chop my head o!

vince

The flaws

1)The movie took too long to start telling it's story.The movie did not start until the idea of sex for preserving the family lineage came up,which was about 50 minutes into the movie!
2)We have a xter who supposedly has about six months to live and lying really weak in the hospital bed,who then suggests to his brother to have sex(for a good reason,no doubt)with his brother's wife!!!In his condition?What if he dies on top of her before ejaculation?What then? We all know that sex takes a huge amount of energy from the flks having it.At first,i thought RMD was up to some mischief and he was not really dying of cancer but pretending to be so just to get into his brother's wife's (SDA)pants,because it has been established earlier on that he already has the hots for her.Why it had to be through sex and not artificial insemination or IVF was not convincingly argued,as far as i am concerned.
3)Why was Elliots' xter made to flipflop so much?First he is appalled by the idea,then he agreed after seeing what is at stake for the family.He spent a lot of energy to convince a very very reluctant wife only to turn around and say no again after his wife had already done the deed that she never wanted in the first place,without giving us a solid reason why he had to act that way!Haba!What about the question of family lineage dissappearing?Did that suddenly lost it's importance to him?This flipflopping was not well substantiated to me and it made the rest of the plot look phony to me.
I felt he should've really pressed for IVF as the only option after the idea of his wife sleeping with his brother was presented to him,which he hardly did.

I think that this script was written only once and was not crosschecked for loopholes that were obviously gaping in the plot.

khamileon

vince said:
1)The movie took too long to start telling it's story.The movie did not start until the idea of sex for preserving the family lineage came up,which was about 50 minutes into the movie!
2)We have a xter who supposedly has about six months to live and lying really weak in the hospital bed,who then suggests to his brother to have sex(for a good reason,no doubt)with his brother's wife!!!In his condition?What if he dies on top of her before ejaculation?What then? We all know that sex takes a huge amount of energy from the flks having it.At first,i thought RMD was up to some mischief and he was not really dying of cancer but pretending to be so just to get into his brother's wife's (SDA)pants,because it has been established earlier on that he already has the hots for her.Why it had to be through sex and not artificial insemination or IVF was not convincingly argued,as far as i am concerned.
3)Why was Elliots' xter made to flipflop so much?First he is appalled by the idea,then he agreed after seeing what is at stake for the family.He spent a lot of energy to convince a very very reluctant wife only to turn around and say no again after his wife had already done the deed that she never wanted in the first place,without giving us a solid reason why he had to act that way!Haba!What about the question of family lineage dissappearing?Did that suddenly lost it's importance to him?This flipflopping was not well substantiated to me and it made the rest of the plot look phony to me.
I felt he should've really pressed for IVF as the only option after the idea of his wife sleeping with his brother was presented to him,which he hardly did.

I think that this script was written only once and was not crosschecked for loopholes that were obviously gaping in the plot.

I feel u bro!....But the average naija man go act that way o!...Like a friend dey always ague with me...He says some Nigeria's do things the opposite way.. "That an Armed robber would first kill u, then check if there is money in ur pocket....how about first checking if u have the money?

About RMD, (still on the Naija thing).....when it comes to sex, a very sick man would tell u he is up to the task.....I have seen this so many times... About the IV thing, u still have to look at it from the Naija angle.....I was even surprised they mentioned IV, I guess its because this is from Emem Isong.....some wouldnt even go there...cause its still not popular in naija and lots of peeps dont believe in that...Now they have one chance, and RMD believes the IV thing would take a lot of trials and time is not on his side.....and dont forget the bobo still wanna get into SDA pants

Demond Elliot has the right to flip flop as much as he wants...cause according to the story his elder brother is the one always getting things right...Reason he didnt want his money........ Again the family linage thing was just for the moment...... cause if he really wanted a child, he would have adopted and nobody would know... truth is, the guy has deep scars from his childhood and that explains a lot of his flip flopping........ From a Western Critic angle, u made some valid points...from a Naija angle..things could go the same way as the movie

Shekua

vince said:
I am afraid,i do not share all you guys' enthusiasm about the movie.The story of the movie was so unrealistic to me that i found it silly.But it was entertaining a bit,that much i will give it.But it is not one of the better Isong scripts,as it had too many flaws in the storyline to be really called a top movie.
Make una no chop my head o!

Vince has finally landed. :spiny: But Vince on the "unrealistic" of the story i don't want to agree with you. I also thought it was unrealistic at the begining but since movies like "All my life", "Private Sin" also had strange story line like that, i allowed it. Nobody go chop your head, i no go allow them. I beleive as a lay person we learn a lot of things here. About to read your 2nd comment jaree!

Shekua

vince said:

Hmmm........... :roll :roll :roll

Shekua

khamileon said:
I feel u bro!....But the average naija man go act that way o!...Like a friend dey always ague with me...He says some Nigeria's do things the opposite way.. "That an Armed robber would first kill u, then check if there is money in ur pocket....how about first checking if u have the money?

About RMD, (still on the Naija thing).....when it comes to sex, a very sick man would tell u he is up to the task.....I have seen this so many times... About the IV thing, u still have to look at it from the Naija angle.....I was even surprised they mentioned IV, I guess its because this is from Emem Isong.....some wouldnt even go there...cause its still not popular in naija and lots of peeps dont believe in that...Now they have one chance, and RMD believes the IV thing would take a lot of trials and time is not on his side.....and dont forget the bobo still wanna get into SDA pants

Demond Elliot has the right to flip flop as much as he wants...cause according to the story his elder brother is the one always getting things right...Reason he didnt want his money........ Again the family linage thing was just for the moment...... cause if he really wanted a child, he would have adopted and nobody would know... truth is, the guy has deep scars from his childhood and that explains a lot of his flip flopping........ From a Western Critic angle, u made some valid points...from a Naija angle..things could go the same way as the movie

Am enjoying this, what do you think Oga Vince luxlove:

vince

Khami,that is not enough reason to validate this sort of flipflopping,especially in a script of a supposedly top nolly movie.I hate to think that nigerians are very irrational folks like that(Oasis??)of a xter or whatever his name is.
Then it was a mistake to have made him look so weak while bringing up the idea.Atleast for believability sake,he should've looked a lil' bit up to the task before suggesting such an energy sapping(and enjoyable)"salvaging" effort.
I disagree with all that,khami.But maybe i am out of touch with the "new" nigerians sha.

pretty

ahh infact this film is my real inspiration,infact i have watch it over and over again.they both acted so well,i must say stella is my inspiration i any time i see her on screen i become excited.infact God bless her

Shekua

vince said:
Khami,that is not enough reason to validate this sort of flipflopping,especially in a script of a supposedly top nolly movie.I hate to think that nigerians are very irrational folks like that(Oasis??)of a xter or whatever his name is.

Then it was a mistake to have made him look so weak while bringing up the idea.Atleast for believability sake,he should've looked a lil' bit up to the task before suggesting such an energy sapping(and enjoyable)"salvaging" effort.

I disagree with all that,khami.But maybe i am out of touch with the "new" nigerians sha.

Vince, i think you are wasting a lot of time doing something else oh!. You need to enter into this industry charlie. You will do a great job, or come out with some editing Firm so that all these movies will be brought to your outfit for these correction here and there. Get into it because you seem to have lots of ideas which will save viewers from having all these crap movies.

With all that i still love the movie bro! Would you recommend it with "Caution" :biggrinsa :roll :roll :roll

vince

Shekua said:
Vince, i think you are wasting a lot of time doing something else oh!. You need to enter into this industry charlie. You will do a great job, or come out with some editing Firm so that all these movies will be brought to your outfit for these correction here and there. Get into it because you seem to have lots of ideas which will save viewers from having all these crap movies.

With all that i still love the movie bro! Would you recommend it with "Caution" :biggrinsa :roll :roll :roll
With great caution,shekua. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.