• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Behind Closed Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meddeen250

vince said:
Definitely overrated.I do not see what the ravings are all about.The whole premises on which all the dramas were based on was mad weak!It had a potential to be a really good flick,but they fluffed it.

Why are you always criticising Emem Isong's movies? It would be nice if you'll be more constructive with your criticism. I mean suggest alternatives to the movies you're criticising. help:

vince

Meddeen250 said:
Why are you always criticising Emem Isong's movies? It would be nice if you'll be more constructive with your criticism. I mean suggest alternatives to the movies you're criticising. help:
Wetin be ya own now?You be Isong or i do not have the right to say my mind about any movie anymore on this board?Abeg o!I will criticize if there is something to criticize about,and that is not for you to deal with or dissaprove of.Leave that to Ms Isong. :cool-smil

Dakha

Desmond was at his best....like all his parts and he played them soo welll and real. Can't help laughing now as I think of the .."go change d dress...tooo revealing" when Stella was on her way to get the plan in action :roll

OlaMichael

Shekua said:
Once again "the governor" (Lancelot) did a good job. The title of the movie is Behind Closed Doors. It starred RMD, Stella, Patience Ozorkwo and Desmond Elliot.

The story is about two brothers, the younger one was impotent and was married and of course couldn't bare a child. On the other side, the senior brother who was not married, also smoked and developed cancer of the lungs and was expected to die within six months. The two brothers came out with a plan (even though, it took some effort to convince the younger one) that the senior brother sleeps with his wife to get them a baby before he dies so that their family leanage will not be wiped out.

They both convinced the wife and they all went ahead with the plan, just moments after the execution of the plan the younger brother changed his mind but it was too late. Their highly religious mother came in prayed and God did a miracle so the Senior brother's cancer vanished. Life after was a hell for the wife, mother and the two brothers.

I rate this movie 10/10 and recommend. Can you imagine Patience Ozokwor speaking in Tongues? :shock

Ermmm....b4 someone comes and chops off my head...let me just say aforetime that this is strictly my opinion and nothing more!

This film reminded me of all the reasons why I don't watch nigerian movies or should I say why I find 98% of them boring, unintelligent, lacking in ideas and innovation. The story line was bad enough and as always, predictable. The scenes were unnecessarily too long. I mean don't Nigerian producers know that you don't have to show a whole 5 minutes of prayers to get the viewers to know that prayers were being offered?

I actually found the film irritating. And then it has 3 parts!!!! :shock I mean the whole story could have been made into just one part and still have 30 minutes blank space left! Too many redundant scenes.

Anyways.. perhaps nigerian producers should read more books on the art of film production with a view to improving their quality. This film was in my opinion, shambles.

I do not mean to offend anyone...but that's my honest view.

peculiar

OlaMichael said:
Ermmm....b4 someone comes and chops off my head...let me just say aforetime that this is strictly my opinion and nothing more!

This film reminded me of all the reasons why I don't watch nigerian movies or should I say why I find 98% of them boring, unintelligent, lacking in ideas and innovation. The story line was bad enough and as always, predictable. The scenes were unnecessarily too long. I mean don't Nigerian producers know that you don't have to show a whole 5 minutes of prayers to get the viewers to know that prayers were being offered?

I actually found the film irritating. And then it has 3 parts!!!! :shock I mean the whole story could have been made into just one part and still have 30 minutes blank space left! Too many redundant scenes.

Anyways.. perhaps nigerian producers should read more books on the art of film production with a view to improving their quality. This film was in my opinion, shambles.

U watched a naija movie???? :shock help: Praise God from whom all blessings floooowwwwwwww......... :biggrinsa

zelifat

OlaMichael said:

I feel you jare. Behind Closed Doors just didn't do it for me. Too winding and needs to be edited by more than two hrs. Haba the whole film from part 1 to part 3 can be fitted into just one part like you said! Perhaps you should watch KEEPING FAITH-that's one Nigerian movie that the scenes were quite to the point and had a natural charm (it was also just one part). I'm still waiting for Ego Boyo and Amaka Igwe to make more movies. They seem to be the only ones that understand that a movie should be tight and leave you with characters that u shd remember long after the movie's ended. Even Tade Ogidan (Dangerous twins), Tunde Kelani and Tchidi Tchikere have all fallen under the spell of making parts 1 to hundred of dragging scenes and repititions! Let us pray for the Nigerian Film Industry o!

goldmercy

i need the part 3 0000...i drove 3hrs to get part 2 and i hope i wont drive to chicago to get part 3.....dat will be a bad idea but i dont mind sha....i will do anything for ma future husband desmond and ma favorite actress stella.....

yall need to see REAL LOVE too

Shekua

OlaMichael said:

My dear, your views are welcome. As africans we don't want to grow, we think because Mr. A loves Cassava, Mr. B should also love it. And that is why we have these tiny ones cropping up here. Sorry for wasting your money. But from the look of things, you really don't like Naija movies, try and be watching them, i beleive there are few ones you would love. :biggrinsa

Shekua

zelifat said:
Even Tade Ogidan (Dangerous twins), Tunde Kelani and Tchidi Tchikere have all fallen under the spell of making parts 1 to hundred of dragging scenes and repititions! Let us pray for the Nigerian Film Industry o!

I think that is becoming the norm of the day

vince

goldmercy said:
i need the part 3 0000...i drove 3hrs to get part 2 and i hope i wont drive to chicago to get part 3.....dat will be a bad idea but i dont mind sha....i will do anything for ma future husband desmond and ma favorite actress stella.....

yall need to see REAL LOVE too
I heard that he is married,goldie.Are you hatching an evil plot?Abeg tell us o! :biggrinsa

callonkech

yes o. stella didnt die and rmd later married stella and dessy went to jail and oops! sorry is the part 3 out yet? emem sorry o

erinma

Fianlly saw this movie... yeah it was something different from our everday naija movie...

But bai... do something like this happen in real life? cos most of our movies i can relate to but this one, have never heard of such thing happening real!

Atlakos

Life, Love & Happiness
Stop criticising Nigerian Moview. They have come a long way, lets give them a chance they'll improve sha. It doesnt take a day to improve and be hollywood perfect.

i loved the movie and waiting for part 3. I own both part 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.