• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Controversial Windows boss Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

Steven Sinofsky, the Microsoft executive who turned its Windows franchise around and just led the effort to release Windows 8, is leaving the company, effective immediately.

Sinofsky, a controversial figure at the company, was the subject of a recent CNET profile that explored his polarizing ways. Insiders said he was warring with Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer.

The company said the decision behind Sinofsky's departure was mutual, thought the abruptness of the announcement might suggest otherwise.

"I am grateful for the many years of work that Steven has contributed to the company," Ballmer said.

Sinofsky was equally gracious in his comments.

"It is impossible to count the blessings I have received over my years at Microsoft. I am humbled by the professionalism and generosity of everyone I have had the good fortune to work with at this awesome company," Sinofsky said in a statement.

Controversial Windows boss Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft - CBS News

Status
Not open for further replies.