• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Dating Oyinbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tajmahal

Pete said:
oh-m! madam wia u dey na, tok true now and shame the devil; oga sir abeg, no vex, u go use the horsewhip vely soon; but oh lawd let it be on madam!

Check her under your bed. If your bed dey flat on the ground, check her inside the bathroom, else check her inside the wardrobe. Where else oh? Make I think quick quick..............

Pete

Tajmahal said:
Check her under your bed. If your bed dey flat on the ground, check her inside the bathroom, else check her inside the wardrobe. Where else oh? Make I think quick quick..............
I don check well well, e be like say she don pick race; she know say na lie, no worry, I go catch am

ccaseyg

Tyra B. said:
That's a very open and honest view, ccaseyg. we all have a right to dream. Dream on gurl, dream on!

dream on?
well...watever girl, im sayin wat im feelin
n neela says rite i think
but i say again watever!
its wat u personally feel tht u jump into
its same all around...

robeta_021

ccaseyg said:
dream on?
well...watever girl, im sayin wat im feelin
n neela says rite i think
but i say again watever!
its wat u personally feel tht u jump into
its same all around...

I feel ya girl, speak your mind ain't nothing wrong with that.

omoge_Jumo

Lafem said:
Omo, you are so on point!!! You see, the genesis of that attitude in us blacks dates way back to the earliest days of man, from my personal and indept research of the root of this mindset in the black man [I wouldn't want to go into all that here]. I mean that attitude that makes the blackman feel insecure in his black skin, that makes him see the black skin as a reproach of some sort, so much so that he tries to interbreed with [especially] the white race in an attempt to expunge his descendants from that perceived curse of being born with a dark skin.

Even in our naija society, right from childhood, little kids get messages from all around them that instils that satanic idea of 'the lighter the better' in them. We associate everything black with being bad or evil. It's this same mindset that pushes some who already have self-esteem issues, to go as far as bleaching their skins just to meet society's standards of beauty. And even amongst the black/african american population in america, racial integration and intermarriage has introduced new set of problems within that community coz the light-skinned products of white and black parents/marriages who live in a society dominated by white ppl, at some point, begin to get the false idea that their lightness sort of confers on them a higher and superior status in the scheme of things in relation to their darker-skinned brothers/sisters. And in turn, the darker skinned ones resent the lighter-skinned ones as a result of perceived marginalization on account of their darker skins.

History makes it clear that since earliest times, the black race has always had fair-skinned strains; in other words, at some point in time, naturally fairer skinned strains emerged from the darker-skinned stock. Not as a result of any artificial racial inter-breeding, but rather as a result of [super?]natural processes. Hence why some africans are darker than the others [the Ethiopians and Somalis have curly hairs, for example, and the Ibos and even some yorubas also have some naturally fair-skinned strains. While the Akans and Ashantis of Ghana are known to be usually very dark-skinned, the Fantes and Ewes tend to be lighter, e.t.c]. These sort of varied strains within the black racial family came about naturally.

The problem starts when, for whatever reason, either or both strains within this racial family start looking down on the other and accusing each other of either not being black enough or being too dark.

Personally, I don't date white females -- that's just not my preference. I love my black women, especially naija women ;) [the same way I'm sure the average white man would prefer to be with a white woman that he shares atleast that racial commonality with].
I agree!!! And one can say that in contrast, oyinbos (particularly the women) feel the need to tan themselves so to look more bronze if not dark, they do it with the complete awareness that we have long passed the days where pale women were considered as attractive however now, to be pale is mostly associated with the idea of looking or being sick.... it basically isn't appealing anymore. Bottom line is p'ple will never be satisfied with themselves but we blacks have to be comfortable in our own skin, and appreciate our brothers and sisters. I repeat ‘black is beautiful’ 'cause you don't see us turning every colour of the rainbow when we're ill! We are able to adapt to all sorts of environments without really having to concern ourselves with issues such as skin cancer...so you see we are blessed. We add colour to society as well as the future and (although racism is still very much alive) if only we we're to stop dreaming and start planning how to claim back what was wrongfully deprived from us, we will undoubtedly rise and shine above all others. God bless Africa, Naija especially. :imp ;)

Simisola

Tajmahal said:
Ya tory don get k-leg. In fact, you don 'finish' yaself before I begin dey 'finish' you. You dey take 'gun' beg me? Gun!!! I resemble Hitler for ya face or G. Bush? E be like say de madam wan tok. Make we hear am!!! Madam, you spoil silly abi? How Pete take spoil you?

You dey render my horsewhip redundant oh. E fit vex oh...........

He spoilt me with his 'thinge'. :)

Simisola

Tajmahal said:
You don come again oh..............What did he spoil you with? Thinge? Which thing? :)

U know, dat 'thinge'. Dat 'thinge' there under. He don dey scatter my head.

Pete

Kai, now u don show up, u come dey worsten ya case, eh?! Taj, no mind am, na money be the "thingy"! :cool:

Simisola

Pete said:
Kai, now u don show up, u come dey worsten ya case, eh?! Taj, no mind am, na money be the "thingy"! :cool:

Uncle Taju, no mind am o, no be money. I've got loads of wads in my wallet here, he knows what i'm talking about. ;)

Tajmahal

Pete said:

Pete, my broda, I no gree oh. Money ke? How money go be the "thinge" wey dey "under there"? Dis one pass me oh..... Dis Simisola woman sef.......

Simisola

Tajmahal said:
Pete, my broda, I no gree oh. Money ke? How money go be the "thinge" wey dey "under there"? Dis one pass me oh..... Dis Simisola woman sef.......

Yes na me be dat o. Better accept me as i am or else..... :guns , shoot off, understood. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.