• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Eko ninu Ewe

blackpearl

Okay i have been terribly craving for Eko (don't know if there is an English name for it) but the Nigerian way. I really want to try and cook it with the leaf but I have no clue where to get them. Please, does anybody know?

The closest to the research I could find was this Thaumatococcus daniellii plant. Now I know some have tried it with Banana leaves, but does it bring the same "taste"?

If they are selling it in your area, I would send you the money to help me buy them and I am very serious about this.

Thanks!

blackpearl

Nobody knows the name of that leaf or where to buy it?

:(

I guess I would need to try it with the Banana leaf plant then

Candylecious

Na today!
Abeg my sister, no use this "tomato damascus" plant, abi na wetin you call am, the name alone sef dey fear pesin, e fit cause one thing for stomach oh!

Abike

Yeye girl! I thot this was the title of a new yoruba flick or something! loool! ewe ko, iwe ni...berra go naija :p

kaymax

You know, I asked someone about this today, she said banana leaves is what she uses, but she soaks in lime and vinegar to get the 'taste'. Never tried it, I hate anything that comes from Ogi.