• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Film Education Plan Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVwriter23

This might sound corney, but I was thinking what if a filmmaker/video maker make movies where I'm not going to say children, but teens or kids about to either go to college or are already in college and want to pursue a career in filmmaking join a crew of kids their age. They get paid and each movie they make money goes to further education in film/videomaking/screenwriting etc. That way everytime they make movies they start to get better and better.

vince

Originally posted by TVwriter23
This might sound corney, but I was thinking what if a filmmaker/video maker make movies where I'm not going to say children, but teens or kids about to either go to college or are already in college and want to pursue a career in filmmaking join a crew of kids their age. They get paid and each movie they make money goes to further education in film/videomaking/screenwriting etc. That way everytime they make movies they start to get better and better.

Not a bad idea.The only question is,whether the parents will approve of it.

TVwriter23

Yeah that's true, but I was also thinking it could be the whole team everyone from the actors to the production crew. Do like how the old Hollywood system used to be. By that I mean people are signed with one studio or production company. Within the production company everyone has to get training etc. by saving money they earn etc. So it's not just going to be the kids, but they are a great focus since they are the future film/videomakers.

TVwriter23

Another thing that could be done is the teach two scenario etc. The people who are with the production company and are trained in film/videomaking later have to do the same thing when they start their production company. That way it's a cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.