• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Food!: Weirdest Recipes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Satat

You know of any weird recipe or food from different continents?

Let's see how much we can all cook up! YUCK!!!

Me first:

1. Calabars eat dogs
2. Chinese eat cats
3. Naijas (Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa) eat snakes

Misty

some yorubas do eat dogs too, especially the egins (ondo) they call it 'lokili' or '404' :fish etc
Do u really know how these dogs are killed for doggy soup without a dog bite..... well the dog is being held at both ends, the neck is tied with a rope and the other end (legs) r pulled in opposite direction, someone with a sharp cutlass cuts the neck with one blow :violent-s , leaving the dog releasing hot poop, pee :eek: .... less than 5 min, the meat is steaming in a pot.

On my last visit to nigeria, I saw dogs being packed in cages meant for chickens (got it on tape):confused: ... i was shocked! :grin at first i thought i had vision problems not until i heard them barking, m-e-n the picture was a horrible one .. this what the oyinbos will call animal molestation (maltreatment or something)

4Satat

Misty said:
some yorubas do eat dogs too, especially the egins (ondo) they call it 'lokili' or '404' etc
Do u really know how these dogs are killed for doggy soup without a dog bite..... well the dog is being held at both ends, the neck is tied with a rope and the other end (legs) r pulled in opposite direction, someone with a sharp cutlass cuts the neck with one blow :violent-s , leaving the dog releasing hot poop, pee :eek: .... less than 5 min, the meat is steaming in a pot.

On my last visit to nigeria, I saw dogs being packed in cages meant for chickens (got it on tape):confused: ... i was shocked! at first i thought i had vision problems not until i heard them barking, m-e-n the picture was a horrible one .. this what the oyinbos will call animal molestation (maltreatment or something)

EEWWW!! MISTY!!!! I started reading this with food in my mouth!!! I almost puked! You are nasty gurl!!! :shock :)

At least, now I know not to read any post on this thread while eating!!

Phew! I thought '404' was Akwa Ibom delicacy. Well, this is good to know.

* There are these big caterpillar-like creatures that reside inside the trunk of rotten Palm wine trees. People from Imo State do eat that too.
* And those termites that fly after rainfall with large wings.

We used to call them in the hausaland "Chingeh".

Nkechi

Angelsty said:
* There are these big caterpillar-like creatures that reside inside the trunk of rotten Palm wine trees. People from Imo State do eat that too.
* And those termites that fly after rainfall with large wings.

We used to call them in the hausaland "Chingeh".

i think u're right even some dont even bother cooking or frying it, they just catch it and in da mouth dem put am, ayaaama :shock btw moi think Misty na man

Status
Not open for further replies.