Gay roles in Nollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
E be like say na gay people you get agenda wit today you dis disco singer...
 

paj

Well-Known Member
Sola said:
E be like say na gay people you get agenda wit today you dis disco singer...
..see dis Jagua clone dey yab me? :gnash U GO WOUND O? :gnash ..but seriously man...how would U like to see two dudes french kissing in a Naija movie with ya nephew gazing @ the screen? :redface *

Pa :biggrinsa

*sounds gross but that's the reality of dude's request...
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Well, bro, dude obviously get hin own agenda, but he's asking in the wrong place. He should take his campaign to where the power dey...Lagos.
 

grafikdon

Well-Known Member
I think we have better things to fix in Naija, not the rejection of homosexuality by the VAST MAJORITY OF AFRICANS...let's just leave it that way...no need for people to tell us how glorifying it is for a dude to hump a dude. I think we're ok the way we are.

And dude, this your campaign isn't just a question of curiousity o...looks like there's more to it . Maybe you should settle down on the site first, take a breath of fresh air, get to know the fellas on the site before going coocoo for coco puff with the homosexual topic. smokin:
 

paj

Well-Known Member
grafikdon said:
I think we have better things to fix in Naija, not the rejection of homosexuality by the VAST MAJORITY OF AFRICANS...let's just leave it that way...no need for people to tell us how glorifying it is for a dude to hump a dude. I think we're ok the way we are.
..U talk am well jare...*click's send on the email advocating more roles for Palmwine drunkards in Naija movies*... smokin:
Pa
 

vince

Well-Known Member
I just knew the responses to this thread were going to be sizzling from the word go! :biggrinsa
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
No mind PaJ, e don dey toast me since last year. I tell am say I don marry, e no gree.
 

paj

Well-Known Member
Sola said:
No mind PaJ, e don dey toast me since last year. I tell am say I don marry, e no gree.
...U know...I neva cancel the two Disneyworld tickets for awa planned gerraway from last year O... smokin: so..wetin U say..homeybumsh.. smokin: just tell ya wife sey U get Nollywood Convention... smokin:

Pa
 

paj

Well-Known Member
bluestocking said:
Come to think of it, why are there no roles for tranvestites in nollywood movies sef? :D
..cause you had three balls and they only needed one with two... smokin:

Pa
 

TVwriter23

Active Member
Brown Suga said:
Listen Bamidele, i'll be honest with you its easier to watch two women getting at it than watching two men (that is outright painfull). Besides we know homosexuality exists in Nigeria and its not something we want to pronounce for the obvious reason, if we do our kids might want to explore it. Being GAY isn't right before God. Is it because some societies have accepted it. As Africans, this isn't our heritage.

By the way can't you just go and audition for a normal film does it have to be a gay one?

Kids explore sexuality without movies or tv or books etc.
 

paj

Well-Known Member
TVwriter23 said:
Kids explore sexuality without movies or tv or books etc.
...yeah..and just what we need is extra exposure to what even lower animals wouldn't do shey? smokin: if they wan explore let dem explore with wetin dem don see Mommy and Daddy dey do..not with wetin Uncle Dele and Uncle Chuka dey do...

Pa
 

Bamidele

Member
Where do i begin for one i was not advocating that the film industry should show two men kissing far from it most of the naija films depicting lesbian acts dont go that far nor am i campaigning or trying to set up a pressure group or advocating rights what i would like to see is the film industry addressing the issues around safe sex and the need to use protection both for the heterosexual and homosexual community. I believe the film industry has a moral responsibilty to address these issues. I am not expecting RMD and Ramsey to be involved in kissing and so on. Read the stats on Hiv and Aids in Nigeria there are millions affected by the disease and its includes both straight and bent community. Once again my so called campaign is from a Sex Education point of view and nothing else if we are not careful our future leaders which will include our nephews and nieces will cease to exist if we do not educate them.. We cant brush these things aside because of our African Heritage. help:
 

kolinzo

Well-Known Member
Bamidele...do we have to portray homosexuality in our movies to promote sex education? You have to realize we are Nigerians, and as Nigerians we have different mentality when it comes to issues like this. Even though Lesbianism is the in thing for them now in nollywood movies (well, not that i have a problem with that uknowwati'msaying...), but i still think it shouldn't be promoted as it is being promoted nowadays. Most of us Nigerians, males in particular, will reject homosexuality without hesitation because that's how we are. Please guy, let's not raise the issue of homosexulity in our lovely country. You can do whatever you wanna do in your bedroom, you can even come outside and kiss another guy( that's if you are brave enough) I won't have any problem with it. I'd just mind my own business. But when someone starts to preach about it, then it gets to me. You don't see any heterosexuals campaigning about their sexuality! My two pieace!
 

kolinzo

Well-Known Member
Bamidele said:
Where do i begin for one i was not advocating that the film industry should show two men kissing far from it most of the naija films depicting lesbian acts dont go that far nor am i campaigning or trying to set up a pressure group or advocating rights what i would like to see is the film industry addressing the issues around safe sex and the need to use protection both for the heterosexual and homosexual community. I believe the film industry has a moral responsibilty to address these issues. I am not expecting RMD and Ramsey to be involved in kissing and so on. Read the stats on Hiv and Aids in Nigeria there are millions affected by the disease and its includes both straight and bent community. Once again my so called campaign is from a Sex Education point of view and nothing else if we are not careful our future leaders which will include our nephews and nieces will cease to exist if we do not educate them.. We cant brush these things aside because of our African Heritage. help:

Oh now i got what you are saying! Papastillyet, you can promote sex education without raising the issue of homosexulity and lesbianism..so ti gbo! :cool-smil
 

Yvonne

Registered
grafikdon said:
Bia, if na joke, tell them say you na see the back of my neck. Na which kin curiousity be dis sef? And you are suggesting we give our children gay sex education abi?...I have no option but to scream with all my eyeballs...TUFIAKWA@#@!*%$&**%#!

Have we not enoughheadache to deal with in Naija? Well...that ain't happening so I wouldn't lose the hairs on my nostrils over a wild goose chase.

Grafik, darl, I smell serious homophobia all around you...... :biggrinsa
 

grafikdon

Well-Known Member
Yvonne said:
Grafik, darl, I smell serious homophobia all around you...... :biggrinsa

I dunno...I always regard 'gayness' with aversion but the the ones in the 'gayness' business I don't hate because they are simply humans like me who have taken a wrong and twisted turn... people that need to be shown the right way without the employment of violence. smokin:

unfortunately...unfortunately...ok I will keep it right there.
 

Bamidele

Member
nah i disagree with you on the use of ur words

I take offence to your comments Graffy as i would like to call u my pet name for u , the fact of the matter people live their lives the way they see fit , u say help them becos they have a taken a twisted turn nah no way wat is expected from u humans is love and understanding not sexual love please before i get misinterpreted. I am not preaching to anyone or trying to convert anyone here i was just making a point which confirms my thoughts that our beloved nigeria is homophobic. Wat would u do if a sister or brother tells u their gay will u condemn them,. throw them out of ur life etc. Most Nigerians do and its the same people who go to church and try to practice christianity and fail woefully, some people have shown love towards them and helped them convert to what Garffy calls normal live. U know a brother showing true love to another blood brother does help trying to understand why this way of life is part and parcel of his brother helped him along the way. I have no more to say on this matter use your discussion board to discuss what you feel is of interest to you. In the meantine Garffidon can i have ur number you and i need to take our on line friendship to another level
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top