• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Guilty Pleasures

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noone

thats true ...... lots of talent but not utilized ....
I can't remember seeing omoli in that movie ..........and if she was then i probably did not notice her

She was the woman who was training the girls for the reality show...she also found out that Jim was the guy she had a child for before he left the village...she and Ini confronted him at the tail end of the movie...

@bolded

My point exactly...she kind of faded beside Ini...I don't know if that's what her character was supposed to be quite frankly but I doubt that very much...anyway, that's my opinion; others might see it differently...

goseiant

Pecu, Pecu it is interesting how Genny's name no de for the line-up :teu26: If you no want fire on the mountain for NR you better add She-Ra, Princess of Power for that list.

Chei NTB, you never cease to amaze me.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

mamazita!

No Genny is not in this particular film. The one she is in being produced by Emem is coming out later in the year.

peculiar

Really?

Nice!

Guess its the year of Emem huh? :)

Yes o! If there was no Emem, I wonder what this year(so far...) would've been like for Nolly watchers.....maybe na only Distance Between and Native Son we go dey dissect and redissect!sconf: Even the much anticipated upcoming ones are Emem's works.....oh and Daniel A's! :p

Where is Mr Ogidan sef?:cool:

sky_flies

@ Tam Tam, I guess "fantastic" doesn't feel like the right word but I think she has got potentials.

In Sweet Tomorrow with Ramsey and Rita, Omoni Oboli gained my attention per se, I can see a movie with her playing the lead and still feel comfortable. She played a crippled aggressive sister to Ramsey... and she did it well. Also as Toammyb said, she was good in Unfinished Business but I felt an average actress may deliver like she did for the character played so I didn't pay attention to her on that note.

I tip her among the future watch though she is not so young.

chi

@ Tam Tam, I guess "fantastic" doesn't feel like the right word but I think she has got potentials.

In Sweet Tomorrow with Ramsey and Rita, Omoni Oboli gained my attention per se, I can see a movie with her playing the lead and still feel comfortable. She played a crippled aggressive sister to Ramsey... and she did it well. Also as Toammyb said, she was good in Unfinished Business but I felt an average actress may deliver like she did for the character played so I didn't pay attention to her on that note.

how do you mean ... she is not old ..... all of them ... genny, rita, uche , omoli etc .... fall in the same age group.......

sky_flies

Chi when I categorize the future watch I check those in the early-mid twenties before I approve the late or early thirties... just me!

N

noone

Fair enough Sky, I mean, I haven't seen all her films but based on the ones I've seen, she has something to offer...so do quite a few others. Does she stand out? In my own opinion, well...put it this way...some people have a certain quality that gives them that extra zing...e.g. Genevieve, Omotola, Bukky Wright, Bimbo Akintola...you get my drift. For me, Omoni has that slightly unpolished thing to her. That's not necessarily a bad thing; don't get me wrong but with people like that, it could go either way...she could either keep at it until she gets better and shines in her own right or it become an albatross round her 'acting' neck, so to speak.

Having said that, let's wait and see...a person's beginning doesn't determine their end...I remember when I used to find Genevieve rather wooden(in her very early days) but all that changed...so let's see how Omoni grows...

I think Omoni is an actress that shows alot of promise. She is pretty, speaks well and is a lady to watch out for. Check her out in the soon to be released 'Guilty Pleasures' and 'Entanglement' where she played lead.

oloje

i think Omoni is really good, she was really good in sweet tommorrow, i think if she is given more lead roles she will blow up.

NTB

Ramsey and Nse are the new powerhouse couple. They have this edge that is sharp and withy. They are strong. They were great in Reloaded.

NTB

I just saw the pre-view of this new movie which is coming out in the summer. Ramsey Nouh as well as the woman who acted as his wife in the movie called 'Reloaded' are starring in this flick. Looks like it will be a nice one. grinning:

Abeg for which movie did you see the preview.

chi

I just saw the pre-view of this new movie which is coming out in the summer. Ramsey Nouh as well as the woman who acted as his wife in the movie called 'Reloaded' are starring in this flick. Looks like it will be a nice one. grinning:

:2pephula::bananajump:

Status
Not open for further replies.