• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Guilty Pleasures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyP

Why was Ramsey talking that way in the movie?

Ma sista, I tire dat accent oh! He has been doing this alot recently but it is only getting worst by the day. I thought I will get use to it by now but it is instead getting more and more irritating. Well I guess he's tryna find a signature talk for himself.

blackbutterfly

I did not see anything wrong with his tone and tenses. Give me an example and let me re-watch that scene

My sister, Ramsey talks like that in all the movies he plays a privileged character and that's fine but all I am saying is that in this movie in particular, he was extra with it. The Britico-American accent was heavier than usual, I don't know if he had travelled right before shooting the film but it was stronger. No judgment, I am just commenting on the excess of it which is above what he normally does and it was not one or two scenes for me at least, it was the entire movie but I will give you an example that really stood out for me:

1. the dinner outside lunch scene between Ramsey, Majid and Nse

2. the dinner scene in the restaurant with Nse, Ramsey and his colleagues

NTB

My sister, Ramsey talks like that in all the movies he plays a privileged character and that's fine but all I am saying is that in this movie in particular, he was extra with it. The Britico-American accent was heavier than usual, I don't know if he had travelled right before shooting the film but it was stronger. No judgment, I am just commenting on the excess of it which is above what he normally does and it was not one or two scenes for me at least, it was the entire movie but I will give you an example that really stood out for me:

1. the dinner outside lunch scene between Ramsey, Majid and Nse

2. the dinner scene in the restaurant with Nse, Ramsey and his colleagues

As Tonto Dike would say that is how I speak. I might as well watch the movie again.

Beyonce

MOther b4 mother
I love love this movie, i was really into the movie, damn its about time Nigerian Producers starts something Hotz..4 reals i love this movie, damn who is that girl that played Liz in the movie she is good, i love the way she spoke broken english plus good english, damnn Bob is hotz humm, the movie in all i give 10/10, all the cast did a great job, good movie hands down hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

sky_flies

Even when chuns of crappy movies where in circulation, Emem differed somehow.

She's definitely the best and most consistent female filmmaker in Nigeria. Enough applauses for those dwelling in part glory..... they need to re-surface.

Emem is getting hotter in the practise!!!

Simisola

I dont really watch Nigerian movies anymore unless they are comedies, but because of all the hype about this movie here, I decided to watch with my friend yesterday.

First off, I dont mean to hate in any form. I give kudos to those who are back home doing what it do. It's easy for a lot of us to get on our high horses and deride people's work disregarding the sweat, blood and tears it took to make that piece. So in all honesty, I doff my hat to the makers of these home videos, e no easy!

But common, this movie wasnt that great....I kept hanging in and waiting for the magic I heard about....but the magic no dey gree show...na the same movie I watch una watch so...hehe!

I didnt think Ramsey was that great in the movie, he was quite stiff and boring to watch, cos you almost knew what he was going to say or do....

I saw bits of another movie where Nse was paired with Ramsey too, and I must say she was surprisingly delightful...but here not so much, a lot of her lines and scenes fell flat...

But that Majid tho...this is the first I have seen him act, and although he was not always on point, but there were specks of magic there...dude has potential; right directing, right cast and he will blow......He exudes raw talent that just needs to be harnessed......it seems to be the era of the light skinned dudes!...shoot!, I aint mad at that!

Desmond Elliott was a little scary in this one!

The rest of the cast should have been left at home.......Mehn, if I had to see Ms Sandals roll her fake eyelashes one more time, I swear, I would barf; half the time she looked like a deer caught in some really bright lights......Mercy's scenes made me cringe; dunno if it was her or the role she had to play...I dont even know why that other girl's story was thrown in there, that story did nothing for the movie......Her husband on the other hand left me with mixed feelings; some scenes he did alright, and then some others, he was clueless....

The sidekicks dont even deserve to be mentioned......I often wonder what unneccessary sidekicks add to a movie....hmmm!...although the girls that played Nse's friends were pretty...at least 2 out of the 3 were....Ramsey's friends were just dreadful....

Another thing that bothered me was the overphonerizing in the movie...Hugo, Nse's friend almost swallowed his tongue in the scene where he was confronting Ramsey...Most of them seemed to be spotting a Britico/American/Iranian combo accent...Na dem sabi!

The dialogue in the movie didnt flow....some of the special effects were just weird....It all seemed a bit contrived...

My highlights would have to be Nse and Majid's kiss on the floor....mui caliente! and Nse's pidgin english ( a little of Majid's as well); the pidgin done well!

I really wish Nolly and it's practitioners the very best. Hopefully, they can continue to grow and get better.

:shock wow

Hubscrown

Just watching this movie. Thank God a Nigerian movie that really got my attention in aspect of acting. Ramsey xter lost his darn mind! How in the world she thinks she can control a woman like house girl. I'm a guy and this bobo has no regard for his wife at all!!

Ok let me keep watching. I know dis gal gonna flip soon or later.

nike007

Another thing that bothered me was the overphonerizing in the movie...Hugo, Nse's friend almost swallowed his tongue in the scene where he was confronting Ramsey...Most of them seemed to be spotting a Britico/American/Iranian combo accent...Na dem sabi!

Lmao!!!!

Hubscrown

Nigeria is a melting pot of foreign fashion and different types of English accents. But I found them to be very articulate and better than what I used to hear from Bob Manuel or so and many others as they always trying to force American English through Igbo accent.

The movie was well written and delivery was good. Desmond xter sound like he has ADD or maybe he watched too much "Entourage" and trying to copy Jeremy Piven - Ari. But he's xter was impressive by the way he multi-tasked his meetings, dismissed the guy and not made him feel bad about it. Even offer him Tea and never let the tea arrive before he round up his meeting with him. Now that is class act for a busy publicist.

Good movie though. I'm very impressed. But we still need a good sound editor in Nigeria. These guys can't put sounds together very well. Sound itself tells the story. But when when you mixed up all kind of music and sound effects, you ruin the mood and you can't really place your hand on what story exactly the movie is telling.

I just saw this movie last night and....hmm. With all due respect, I expected a clear departure from the norm because of the hype but poor me....I was so not right. The story is just a regular Nollywood ok story. The moment Bobby landed, I simply stood up, told my son the rest of the predictable story in 2precise sentences and off to bed I went. Surprise! Surprise!! This morning, he confirmed I was spot on. I used to be an Emem Isong fan but right now she seems to have totally lost it with all the predictable stories and endings. I strongly recommend a sabbatical. That may help her rediscover herself. As for the Mercy Johnson twist....I demand an apology for the assault on my intelligence. I'm a sucker for intelligent plots anyday!!!

Hawi0824

Please can some one help me with the name of the soundtrack on guilty pleasures?

The soundtrack on this movies was really good...somthing like "its time to wake up now, take control" can you tell me who this record is by? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.