• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

HP System restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grafikdon

I need to restore two HP Pavilion systems (753/752) that were grinded to a screeching halt after the saaser virust rampage. I have never bothered myself with these systems because I'd developed a disturbing dislike for HP workstation (just hype nonesense) but with The Rite Of Perdition in full production, there's a great need to speed up production by adding a couple of rendering machines in the mix.

My problem here is that the box has no system restore disc which is very unusual. I called HP regarding this and they insisted I had to pay for the discs. No problem. I had a feeling they transfered me to somebody in India and they wanted me to order online with the credit card after claiming it was the only way to get it. I do not give any confidential information over the phone though HP is a reputable company.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can order the system restore discs for HP Pavilion 753 and 752? I tried ebay and Amazon to no avail. Any useful reply will be highly appreciated.

vince

Have you solved this ya problem,'cos i don't think anyone here can help you.Maybe you want to visit one of them forums for moviemakers like the one in rottentomatoes.com or dvinfo.net.Maybe guys there can help out.

grafikdon

vince said:
Have you solved this ya problem,'cos i don't think anyone here can help you.Maybe you want to visit one of them forums for moviemakers like the one in rottentomatoes.com or dvinfo.net.Maybe guys there can help out.

I think I will have to post it on CG Talk forum. Those fellas know the importance of rendering speed in my project. They could gimme a aluable hint becos wallet has been drained and I am not buying squat for now.

4Satat

grafikdon said:
I need to restore two HP Pavilion systems (753/752) that were grinded to a screeching halt after the saaser virust rampage. I have never bothered myself with these systems because I'd developed a disturbing dislike for HP workstation (just hype nonesense) but with The Rite Of Perdition in full production, there's a great need to speed up production by adding a couple of rendering machines in the mix.

My problem here is that the box has no system restore disc which is very unusual. I called HP regarding this and they insisted I had to pay for the discs. No problem. I had a feeling they transfered me to somebody in India and they wanted me to order online with the credit card after claiming it was the only way to get it. I do not give any confidential information over the phone though HP is a reputable company.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can order the system restore discs for HP Pavilion 753 and 752? I tried ebay and Amazon to no avail. Any useful reply will be highly appreciated.

Do you really have to use the Restore CD?
You can bring back your system to life by installing another OS.
You have already lost all data on your OC I presume, so, why stress yourself further?
I'll say, reinstall OS and start all over. Sad, but best way for you now since you are under time constraint. You have their website for other downloads.
Good luck.

grafikdon

Angelsty said:
Do you really have to use the Restore CD?
You can bring back your system to life by installing another OS.
You have already lost all data on your OC I presume, so, why stress yourself further?
I'll say, reinstall OS and start all over. Sad, but best way for you now since you are under time constraint. You have their website for other downloads.
Good luck.

Ndewo (this my reply is a tad late though)

I actually installed Win XP pro but as I feared, the display quality was reduced to the barest minimum which is absolutely useless for what I wan do. It is also slower than it used to be so I guess I will take a trip to HP again for appropriate and current hardware hardware drivers. Apparently the fire and flood in the office did a likkle handwork there. I was even surprised to find the monitor functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.