• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

If I Had $250k To Spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

on shooting and postproduction tools,these tools are what i will spend the money on with enough cash to spare for a movie.
I will definitely go for full high definition tools,no BSing.

1)High definition camcorder(HDCAM,PAL version)(HDCAM Camcorder HDW750P

2)High definition studio editing machine(HDCAM)
HDCAM studio VTR HDW 2000/1

3)Pinnaclesystem cinewave HD editing system or the HDBOXX editing system from Boxxtech.
Now i add compositing software,audio workstation,monitors,tripods,camera stabilization systems(steadycams,easyrigs,glidecams),cranes or jibs,solid professional mics,onset monitors,mixers,lots of cables,solar power genrator,professional headphone monitors,portable hard disk multi track recorder for onset sound recording,etc,and i'm ready to go.
No way i'm going in the direction of celluloid. :)

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Cool setup.
Nice dream!
But the money no plenty o. You fit get am from people who believe in ya dreams o!

vince

Originally posted by Sola
Cool setup.
Nice dream!
But the money no plenty o. You fit get am from people who believe in ya dreams o!

No,the money no too much,but that is only in the distant future.

vince

Actually,this is not about dreaming.There is this talk of moving nigerian movie industry from video to celluloid,and i ask why.Why celluloid?This medium does not belong in the future.It is an old medium that will remain exhorbitant for the practitioners.
Why make such a massive jump to film when we can just hop on the HD 24p bandwagon.High definition video is the future and we should be at the forfront of the countries using it.
The tools and infrastructure surrounding HD is falling down steadily pricewise and it will continue so.So if nigerian practitioners ever want to go big screen,HD is the thing and not celluloid.
Right now,though,HD is an overkill.DV format will do just fine.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.