Is Genevieve Nnaji Nigeria's First Movie Superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolita

Originally posted by Sola
I have to be careful the pictures I use Bigmomma. There are copyright issues all over the internet. I used that one because it is my own to use. I paid a friend photographer for it, so I have all rights to it. I have some new pictures of her coming in soon. As soon as I get it, I will change this one.

I don't know about Atiku o!
Many people have siad she has an attitude issue, puffed up and rude. But it just might be youthfulness and I have never seen it, so I give her benefit of the doubt.
From what I hear, she had the kid before she became a star. That would mean kid is some 4 years old now? (Not sure).

She has been difficult to tie down for an interview. My friends at New Age are chasing her all over for me. She travels a lot. In time...

HA! Wonderment!!!

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Pretty Girl
In my own oppinion.............she is not.........................:)
It appears you disagree with whatever I post. You no like me? :D

Seriously, why? Did you read how they went crazy over her in Sierra Leone? No emotions now. No sentiment. Why do you disagree?

Pretty Girl

Originally posted by Sola
It appears you disagree with whatever I post. You no like me? :D

Seriously, why? Did you read how they went crazy over her in Sierra Leone? No emotions now. No sentiment. Why do you disagree?

It looks as if the Nigerian movie industry have limited actressess, so that is the reason they seem to see to much of Gene.........There are other better actressess than her but are not shown that much on movies................:)

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Pretty Girl
It looks as if the Nigerian movie industry have limited actressess, so that is the reason they seem to see to much of Gene.........There are other better actressess than her but are not shown that much on movies................:)
I agree that there are better actresses. There is always someone better than us at doing something.

But she is the one that is on top now. Stardom is seasonal. Stars come and go. Arnold Schwazzeneger was numero uno in the world once. Now, his movies don't even make a $100. Sylvester Stallone was too. No more. Even Mel Gibson is aging.

It is Gene's time. In a little while, another star will rise, but until then, let us give her what she is due. She may not be as good as some other people, but her audince love her and they have made her a star, the number one.

lolita

Originally posted by vince
My guy,it does not matter the age of her fans or whether she cuts across the generations or not.The facts are:
1)She is hot property in the industry.
2)She is damn good actress
3)She's got the biggest fan base(across the continent and in the diaspora)
There is no denying it that she has reached that status.Go check the picture forum and tell me which star has the highest numbers of viewings and the highest numbers of replies.
She is a superstar material without a doubt and she is exactly that.
Maybe she is not your fav actress,but that does not change the facts one bit.

Sorry a non nigerian had to intrude oh... but
In my country and even around Cote d'voire, most people admire Omotola Jalade... Because she is unique, natural in her moves and does not ''wannabe'' so that second point would have been possible a year or 2 ago. Nigeria is too big to hold on to ''sharon stone'' as their julia roberts na... many other girls are better.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by lolita
Sorry a non nigerian had to intrude oh... but
In my country and even around Cote d'voire, most people admire Omotola Jalade... Because she is unique, natural in her moves and does not ''wannabe'' so that second point would have been possible a year or 2 ago. Nigeria is too big to hold on to ''sharon stone'' as their julia roberts na... many other girls are better.
;) Each man/woman to his/her own. The facts on the table today say something else. It can change tomorrow, but today, Genevieve is a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.