Living a healthier lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sifu

Thank you but not trying to flatter you at all....Juniors??? You are officially skinny..Hmmm the last time i smelt juniors was way way way before the war...

I am not quite there yet. Skinny is not my ultimate goal though. Just want to get to a healthier weight.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
This was me about 7 years ago. I was significantly smaller. I still wear tops that are for bigger girls unless maybe it is a stretchy fabric and then I might want to wear a blazer sef. I can't leave the house looking like this now. My boys will ask me if I forgot to wear my blouse
View attachment 4002
Ahem, Sifu, see me in FM's mansion as soon as you're done washing those plates. I need to consult with your...I mean YOU! Thank you.

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
:happy0194: :happy0194:
bwahahahahahahhahahahaha
my nerd is getting some swagger o.
have you been taking lessons from FM?
oh Lord I am going to pass out from laughter.

Ahem, Sifu, see me in FM's mansion as soon as you're done washing those plates. I need to consult with your...I mean YOU! Thank you.

Sifu

I have given up everything. I will start bringing all that back when I get into the maintain ance phase

Sifu

So I have decided that next week will be more of a soup week. I am researchng different low calorie soups. Hope I like it. I told myself I was not going to frustrate myself during this phase so if by Tuesday the sight of soup is giving me a headach I will dump it and go to my goto meals I already use.

I was also wondering if anybody has any information on the benefits of washing rice or soaking rice before cooking and if it reduces any calories. Beans (black eyed peas) also. I would appreciate any info. I was discussing it yesterday with a freind of mine and I thought I should look into it. I could not really find anything besides some chef who actually would soak her rice for 20 minutes then rinse before cooking. There was no scientific facts though to go with it.

kaymax

So I have decided that next week will be more of a soup week. I am researchng different low calorie soups. Hope I like it. I told myself I was not going to frustrate myself during this phase so if by Tuesday the sight of soup is giving me a headach I will dump it and go to my goto meals I already use.

I was also wondering if anybody has any information on the benefits of washing rice or soaking rice before cooking and if it reduces any calories. Beans (black eyed peas) also. I would appreciate any info. I was discussing it yesterday with a freind of mine and I thought I should look into it. I could not really find anything besides some chef who actually would soak her rice for 20 minutes then rinse before cooking. There was no scientific facts though to go with it.

My understanding is that with the rice thing, soaking it reduces the starch, hence, I would imagine, the calories would automatically become less, as the carbs would be less. But remember, remember, rice, unless in its natural form, is all complex carbs, hence sits in your body, and turns that 'glucose' into fat because it's the last thing to be burned in your system IF it does get burned. Only thing worse is pasta. As for beans, I don't know, but I would not imagine a lot of fat with blackeye peas or beans since it's mostly protein, I would imagine that once can always reduce fat mostly based on the preparation and what ingredients is used. Only thing about beans is that it takes lots of seasoning because it's such a dense protein and as a result, the seasoning packs lots of sodium resulting in water rentention.

Sifu

My understanding is that with the rice thing, soaking it reduces the starch, hence, I would imagine, the calories would automatically become less, as the carbs would be less. But remember, remember, rice, unless in its natural form, is all complex carbs, hence sits in your body, and turns that 'glucose' into fat because it's the last thing to be burned in your system IF it does get burned. Only thing worse is pasta. As for beans, I don't know, but I would not imagine a lot of fat with blackeye peas or beans since it's mostly protein, I would imagine that once can always reduce fat mostly based on the preparation and what ingredients is used. Only thing about beans is that it takes lots of seasoning because it's such a dense protein and as a result, the seasoning packs lots of sodium resulting in water rentention.

Thats what I was assuming with the rice but I try not to assume too much because the scale usually puts me back in mu place LOL. Never thought about seasoning beans and how those extras can actually make you retain water but it makes a lot of sense

samira

I have yet to reach my goal o...but all this not eating this and that....just watch the traffic going to your mouth by eating in small portions and you will be ok.

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
hehe all the scientific talk around food and rice and starch and beans and sodium.
i have a friend who searched high and low for the "calorific" counts for Garri/eba/pounded yam.

blackpearl

I think i am willing to compromise a lot. The only thing i am not willing to back off on is PASTA. (oh hell naww)

So i am on this lean diet now and lost 7 pounds in one week. I am not took excited about it though, just because i believe a lot of it could be water weight. I was also advised to eat raspberries since they help you burn fat three times as fast as pepper in food for example and additionally i am using CLA. Let's see how this goes.

kaymax

I think i am willing to compromise a lot. The only thing i am not willing to back off on is PASTA. (oh hell naww)

So i am on this lean diet now and lost 7 pounds in one week. I am not took excited about it though, just because i believe a lot of it could be water weight. I was also advised to eat raspberries since they help you burn fat three times as fast as pepper in food for example and additionally i am using CLA. Let's see how this goes.

I heard about the raspberry stuff, and yes 7 lbs might just be water weight, but since 70% of our body is water anyway, I don't knock it. Progress na progress, abi. that's how most diets work, even atkins.

@ TM, it's all starch so stay away. I can give you a count, complex carbs, complex carbs, and complex carbs.

kaymax

I wish I was in the village, I can eat what i want, because everything will be natural. Oh well, christmas can't come soon enough.

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
abeg give me make i send am to her.
I heard about the raspberry stuff, and yes 7 lbs might just be water weight, but since 70% of our body is water anyway, I don't knock it. Progress na progress, abi. that's how most diets work, even atkins.

@ TM, it's all starch so stay away. I can give you a count, complex carbs, complex carbs, and complex carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.