Living a healthier lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Field Marshal

ABSOLUTE SUPREME RULER
I think i am willing to compromise a lot. The only thing i am not willing to back off on is PASTA. (oh hell naww)

So i am on this lean diet now and lost 7 pounds in one week. I am not took excited about it though, just because i believe a lot of it could be water weight. I was also advised to eat raspberries since they help you burn fat three times as fast as pepper in food for example and additionally i am using CLA. Let's see how this goes.

As long as Dem Twin Peaks Display prominently at shoulder level........... me no care how many pounds you lose! :rolleyes:

Sifu

@ blackpearl what is CLA
@ Sami that is what you do at the maintenance phase. Techinically I am watching the traffic going to my mouth now LOL but I have to have restrictions since to lose the extra weight you have to eat less than the person who is at their healthy weight
@ Kmart I will be trying the raspberries but first let me see how much calories they are

kaymax

@ blackpearl what is CLA
@ Sami that is what you do at the maintenance phase. Techinically I am watching the traffic going to my mouth now LOL but I have to have restrictions since to lose the extra weight you have to eat less than the person who is at their healthy weight
@ Kmart I will be trying the raspberries but first let me see how much calories they are

If you're going to refer me as a store, I prefer Bergdorf, Bloomings, or Neiman's, please NO Kmart. NONSENSE!!! LOL. I was coming to this thread anyhow, I need reinforcement folks, I've been doing salads since Monday, I made fried rice for dinner with shrimp, gizzard and mixed veggies, I'm about to break. Tell me something to keep me from eating a portion of fried rice!! I can't take it anymore, I need my rice.

Also, I too want to know, what is CLA?

Supermom

I have yet to reach my goal o...but all this not eating this and that....just watch the traffic going to your mouth by eating in small portions and you will be ok.

I think when it comes to weight loss, it's all about what works for you ...We are all different and what works for one person might not necessarily work for another.

The plan Sifu is doing and loosing all that weight...if i try it, i will not loose half or even quarter of what she's lost..
A couple of years back, i decided i wanted to loose 40 pounds and found this weight loss program here in my area. I recruited a friend to go with me, when she heard the price ..She was like heck No! I said to her, no problem..i will join , get all the information, we can do it together..
It was a very restrictive low calorie diet. i weighed everything..no fried foods, no salt,no alcohol only allowed brown rice once a week..no beef etc. I followed the darn thing to the letter..wasted money on the supplements too while friend didn't bother..
Apart from the initial 6 to 7 pounds, the scale just refused to budge for weeks...meanwhile galfriend was loosing steadily..fdev:

The last straw was when she called me screaming and crying that she had lost 25 pounds and 2 dress sizes meanwhile me that paid and was stricter than her, i had not even lost up to 10 pounds....
I considered killing the skinny ...but i had run out of space to hide dead bodies...
It was time to head back to the gym....

Sifu

If you're going to refer me as a store, I prefer Bergdorf, Bloomings, or Neiman's, please NO Kmart. NONSENSE!!! LOL. I was coming to this thread anyhow, I need reinforcement folks, I've been doing salads since Monday, I made fried rice for dinner with shrimp, gizzard and mixed veggies, I'm about to break. Tell me something to keep me from eating a portion of fried rice!! I can't take it anymore, I need my rice.

Also, I too want to know, what is CLA?

Okay Neiman Marcus LOL

Sifu

I think when it comes to weight loss, it's all about what works for you ...We are all different and what works for one person might not necessarily work for another.

The plan Sifu is doing and loosing all that weight...if i try it, i will not loose half or even quarter of what she's lost..
A couple of years back, i decided i wanted to loose 40 pounds and found this weight loss program here in my area. I recruited a friend to go with me, when she heard the price ..She was like heck No! I said to her, no problem..i will join , get all the information, we can do it together..
It was a very restrictive low calorie diet. i weighed everything..no fried foods, no salt,no alcohol only allowed brown rice once a week..no beef etc. I followed the darn thing to the letter..wasted money on the supplements too while friend didn't bother..
Apart from the initial 6 to 7 pounds, the scale just refused to budge for weeks...meanwhile galfriend was loosing steadily..fdev:

The last straw was when she called me screaming and crying that she had lost 25 pounds and 2 dress sizes meanwhile me that paid and was stricter than her, i had not even lost up to 10 pounds....
I considered killing the skinny ...but i had run out of space to hide dead bodies...
It was time to head back to the gym....

LOL. You are right though. Different things work for different people. Also people carry weight differently. That is why I said that they cannot use the average white girl as the yardstick for what someone should weigh. I am looking at my hips and I know that even after I get to my goal I will still have that extra something in my butt/lower hip area. A spot that you really cannot exercise. Lipo is usually what people resort to to take care of that. You cannot then expect that a big busted, curvier girl will weigh the same as a curve-less and flat chested girl of the same height and even waist size. A D cup is about 5lbs so a bigger chested girl would be at least 10 lbs heavier just from breasts alone. Then let us not talk about those girls whose asses have their own zipcode. Many factors apply. Definitely not a one size fits all

blackpearl

CLA is a dietry supplement without side effects or whatsoever, boosts my metabolism, since I have a very slow one.

Ladies, I started my first day of INSANITY WORKOUT - puked twice during the workout, almost passed out :roll but with breaks i finish am o

Sifu

CLA is a dietry supplement without side effects or whatsoever, boosts my metabolism, since I have a very slow one.

Ladies, I started my first day of INSANITY WORKOUT - puked twice during the workout, almost passed out :roll but with breaks i finish am o

You puked? Girl you crazy. With the puking and the execise you will definitely lose weight LOL

kaymax

Give it 4 more more days, I did 3 days, I said phuk it, I had nothing more to throw up and I was tired of the nausea!! LOL

Sifu

Are you guys serious about the puking???? That is not even healthy. Whats causing that please

blackpearl

This is just an eight minute workout. It is quite intense, especially for beginners.
I have no clue why ppl puke but after reading some comments online and kaymax confirming it, i know i am not alone...lol

kaymax

Are you guys serious about the puking???? That is not even healthy. Whats causing that please

There is a reason why it's called insanity, yes you do puke. I think they may even say something to that effect on the informercial

Sifu

Hello All
Been a minute. Just wanted to give an update. I have stayed on track (for the most part lol) and I am still losing the weight. I think the reason why this has not really affected my dad to day life is because I really gave it my all in the first couple of weeks. That is I focused a lot of time researching what foods would fit my process and also picking the right method for me. If you are someone who works well with goals i.e setting goals and happily checking away as you go without input from others then this plan might work for you. Sometimes I even forget that I am losing weight until I run into someone or until I put something on and it just slides of my new skinny booty LOL.

So I am losing the weight but I am certainly not on track as far as I am concerned anyway. I started of with a plan to lose 2 lbs a week. I did not know that it was a pretty ambitious goal. I thought why not. I could lose 5lbs in a week in my 20s. If I had stayed on the path 100% of the time I would have lost this last 5lbs I had set for this phase by now. So i am still on the path just have not moved as fast as I would like. When this phase is complete which is the first 25lbs coming off I still plan on losing another maybe 25-30lbs. Just to give you an idea of how much weight I had gained. I never looked like I was 195lbs though but the scale at the doctors office definitely clocked me at that weight once and I was mortified.

After I lose this last five in this "phase" I will reset my program to lose 1lb a week and just let it come off on its own. I think with a less crazy goal I could now include more Nigerian foods. By the way Loseit reduced my calories by 11 today. I am down to 1033 calories per day. Mscheeeeeeeeew. Its still a lot of food but you would imagine that they would increase the calories a little if you are actually losing the weight. I am assuming that they are keeping it low because I am not on the track I set for myself.

The other thing is exercise. I am looking at some bicycles now and trying to work out a schedule so I can actually spend an hour 3 days a week with my pilates instructor. So far it happened

Sifu

Wow I just saw you guys posts. Insanity is clearly not for me. I don't like to be uncomfortable. Warahell?????????

blackpearl

Thanks for sharing Sifu.
Honestly I was very ambitious with the Insanity work out but after a week, ,my ankles started terribly hurting me and for the first time (in a long time actually) I wore flats to church and people hardly recognized i was there (not that short but God did not bless me with height). In as much as I believe in a work out routine, I don't think that I need to constantly hurt or feel nauseous after it so I stopped. Maybe later again I will start it all over again.

So of late I have been feeling some sort of discomfort anytime I finished eating. At first I thought it was IBS, then I thought ulcer had kicked back in but now I am quite certain (would still need to go and see a doc) that I am sensitive to Gluten. It makes me sad, cause after I had done my research I would need to cut back on sooo many things I actually love and finding products that do not contain Gluten makes shopping much more challenging. I have looked into the Gluten diet and am trying to see how it can be intertwined with my lean diet. Yeah, the lean diet is getting much more challenging too. Yes I have fallen a couple of times I won't lie. But right now I lose like 1 lbs in a week or two. Just makes me think that it might not be aggressive enough for the goal I really want to achieve at this point in time. I am still patient though. I'd rather lose the weight slowly than having a yoyo effecy (been there done that)

Sifu

Thanks for sharing Sifu.
Honestly I was very ambitious with the Insanity work out but after a week, ,my ankles started terribly hurting me and for the first time (in a long time actually) I wore flats to church and people hardly recognized i was there (not that short but God did not bless me with height). In as much as I believe in a work out routine, I don't think that I need to constantly hurt or feel nauseous after it so I stopped. Maybe later again I will start it all over again.

So of late I have been feeling some sort of discomfort anytime I finished eating. At first I thought it was IBS, then I thought ulcer had kicked back in but now I am quite certain (would still need to go and see a doc) that I am sensitive to Gluten. It makes me sad, cause after I had done my research I would need to cut back on sooo many things I actually love and finding products that do not contain Gluten makes shopping much more challenging. I have looked into the Gluten diet and am trying to see how it can be intertwined with my lean diet. Yeah, the lean diet is getting much more challenging too. Yes I have fallen a couple of times I won't lie. But right now I lose like 1 lbs in a week or two. Just makes me think that it might not be aggressive enough for the goal I really want to achieve at this point in time. I am still patient though. I'd rather lose the weight slowly than having a yoyo effecy (been there done that)

Sis the foods we eat are bringing about some serious side effects. I went through the same thing. Turned out I did have an ulcer. But after the ulcer I still display symptoms of IBS and have to use a proton pump inhibitor now aka prilosec or nexium. I have a friend going through the exact same thing too. I am truly convinced that it is tied to glutein and maybe cassein products. I feel this way because organic foods reduce the symptoms. Eating Nigerian foods from Nigeria reduce the symptoms too. Too many additives in our foods. Look on the bright side. Once you figure out those foods you tolerate and work them into your day t day life you will see that it will even help your overall journey of taking control of weight and weight fluctuations.

OK PS
You had me rolling on the wearing flats and nobody noticing you. We have to be about the same height LMAO. Maybe we could do Pilates together and compare notes from time to time. Let me know what you come up with foodwise for glutein free foods.

kaymax

Well, I have quit. No more insanity, and I'm back to my rice. Life is good, I'm fat, but hey, wetin?? LOL. Seriously, this is tough, the older you get, the harder. What I found is that it's hard for me to stay on a goal, even If I'm seeing results, so I've tried many things, for a 3 week timeframe, I ate all i wanted, but closed my kitchen after 7:30. I find that I lost more weight then, than anything else. I've found for me, weight control is about 70% intake and 30% excercise. It used to be the other way around when I was younger, now it's the opposite. Thanks, Sifu, for starting this. Seems like it's been a good experience overall.

Sifu

Kay you just always kill me with your off the wall comments. If the 7:30 thing works for you then great. I truly believe that everybody can eat well and lose weight. There is no rush to lose it all in 2 weeks. The realistic approach is the type you are choosing. Eat nothing after 7:30 then maybe after a while do fried foods only once a week. Then maybe totally eliminate any drinks with sugar. It might not seem much but the weight falls off as you make these changes in your life. I will definitely bring back rice full time in my second phase. Maybe twice a week and I will also bring plantains in too. It's a learning process for all of us.

kaymax

Kay you just always kill me with your off the wall comments. If the 7:30 thing works for you then great. I truly believe that everybody can eat well and lose weight. There is no rush to lose it all in 2 weeks. The realistic approach is the type you are choosing. Eat nothing after 7:30 then maybe after a while do fried foods only once a week. Then maybe totally eliminate any drinks with sugar. It might not seem much but the weight falls off as you make these changes in your life. I will definitely bring back rice full time in my second phase. Maybe twice a week and I will also bring plantains in too. It's a learning process for all of us.

Absolutely, I think it's important for all to know what works for them and what is realistic. For me, any eating plan that will eliminate is rice will not work for me, just not going to happen. Now can I eat my rice a couple of times a week and eat it during the day and nothing after a certain time, yes, that works for me. I'm actually not doing badly with the weight, and it is coming off, slowly, but it's better than when I was adding.

Point well taken, Sifu. Learning process and learn what works best for each person.

Status
Not open for further replies.