• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Move over MoVI, here comes OmniRig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village-Boi

Hey I'm kidding with the title but this OmniRig also seems cool and should be much, much cheaper than the MoVI. You will have to heavily 'stabilise in post!
Just found out they say under $2K.

The first part of the clip is the 'selling point' single shot, it then repeats with a split screen showing 'how it was done' -

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just smiling here after watching that making. Stabilisation heavily in post? Hmm...

Worked beautifully nevertheless.

Village-Boi

I'm just smiling here after watching that making. Stabilisation heavily in post? Hmm...
Worked beautifully nevertheless.

It's pretty good. I could be wrong but in the making a couple of the hand offs look like they'd definitely have jolts. Still it's a pretty awesome tool... and if they didn't stabilise in post then it's even more awesome!

Kala Lou

stabilization in post is crappy...at least with my experience with Final cut Pro X, it crops the image and looks blurry..best is to get it right the first time. don't think they stabilized in post, I may be wrong..before I saw the making, I was thinking they used one of those helicopter thingies to move through those tight spaces...very creative, so one can have more than one cameraman.....learn something new everyday....

Village-Boi

Final Cut has never been able to do any good stabilisation in any version. Warp stabilisation in AE is so much better. After watching the video below, and the original one I posted again & again, I too don't think the original has any stabilisation in post.

The OmniRig looks better and better for such a (hopefully) low price. It was used in this documentary (short clip). The video looks badly exported and probably interlaced but you can get the drift. It looks pretty good at such a running speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.