• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Movi, a Gyro- stabilized handheld camera gimbal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kala Lou

I want one...but e go prob cost more than a car note

[video]http://vimeo.com/laforet/movibts[/video]

Village-Boi

There will be 3 models. Large model - no price yet, the medium model starts at $15,000 and the small camera model will be under $7,500.

First short film tests with it - (all handheld)

Kala Lou

If you think of all you can eliminate from a film set, like sliders, jib, tracks, steady cam operators etc. the steep pricing is kinda reasonable.

Kala Lou

Lol... those things above will not be eliminated from film sets ;-)

Maybe i should have said "low budget" film set, because we all know the hollywood type movies don't believe in cutting cost....but for the rest of us low to no budget folks, this is an alternative to all that gear and what not...

Village-Boi

Maybe i should have said "low budget" film set, because we all know the hollywood type movies don't believe in cutting cost....but for the rest of us low to no budget folks, this is an alternative to all that gear and what not...
Ah, I get ya but probably just tracks and steadicam ops. Definitely not a jib though as that 'mechanical' movement and this has pretty organic motion; also if you want to add repeatable motion shots that have got to be exact this product will never work for that.
This product is going to make some absolutely awesome shots.... bring it on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.