• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Naija Rappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dessy

Eedris Abdulkareem. No, scratch that, it's Da Trybe. My favourites are: Da Trybe (Oya), Ruggedman and not forgeting my own Tony Tetuila. Those keeping it real are Daddy Showkey, Alariwo, Daddy Fresh, so many more. Plantashun boys' Two face I salute.

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
Yep da trybe mos def, got the illest rappers, talk about TRYBESMEN with PLENTY NONSENSE, Timi with Lem tight, Sasha, too bad they aint getting too much airplay.

DA TRYBE ON THE WEB

I heard Eedris' tape, PASS, and all I can say is EWWWWWW. I mean they all have catching beats but there's rapping and there's eating the microphone with stupid words that don't rhyme and he is just the missing link. I mean the OKO ASHEWO everyone was shouting about was just him mentioning names..
And the so called EEDRIS IN AMERICA, very cliche, we travel out and sing about it, even then his was dumber than the others.
He needs to face reality, he can't rap, can only produce beats, why not quit? Wait no b him dey fight DMX for Abuja d other day?

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
And then there's dis dude I heard about, he spewed something in the lines of:

" Eyin oyinbo e fun mi ni visa, ki'n ma ku o, e fun mi ni visa" - You white people give me visa, so I won't die give me visa.

We went to talk about flies under his bed and ish like that, on the plus side he got a visa, on the negative side, his type of "rap" is something to apologize to your ears for.

We can't talk about RAPPERS without talking about the MAINTAIN BOYS. I mean they were the ish back in 98, with DOMITILLA, ENUFF EFIZI, CATCH COLD, ALO. The only problem is they don't have original beats but I love what they do!!!!!

Videoscope

Naija Movie Critic
Please, everyone give a standing ovation to RUGGEDMAN!
He stood up to the big boys ( The Kennis crew) and survived. And on top of that, he can rap!:p

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
Originally posted by Videoscope
Please, everyone give a standing ovation to RUGGEDMAN!
He stood up to the big boys ( The Kennis crew) and survived. And on top of that, he can rap!:p

True true, but how come we don't hear him on radio?

Gen Sani Abacha

The Rappertainer, Weird MC. Those who are old enough to remember her track "Allen Avenue". Does anyone know what she's doing nowadays ?

ciao

kcbabe64

well aint heard any nigerian tunes from lagos (NAIJA) in ages.
but me i love DA TRYBE, i aint heard RUGGED MAN though.
tony tetuila does nt rap and i dnt like EEDRIS. d guy tries 2 flaunt and dnt like d way he tries 2 speak like an amercian.

lovin JJC, DA 419 SQUAD, feelin dr tunes like mad.
and SOLEK CREW, they dnt rap, but dr is dis song where they say PLEASE in yoruba, and they say it realy fast. any1 who has heard dat tune. HEAVY INIIT?

kcbabe64

Originally posted by Gen Sani Abacha
The Rappertainer, Weird MC. Those who are old enough to remember her track "Allen Avenue". Does anyone know what she's doing nowadays ?

ciao

Well she was in d UK months ago, i think she was workin on somethin and playin in different clubs.
but aint heard anythin from her though. i will try and find out 4 u.

Videoscope

Naija Movie Critic
He stepped on a lot of toes with his Ehen part 1 and 2. You won't see his songs on AIT or hear it on the Raypower stations. But he's always on the other radio stations. For those in the UK, I think Ben TV aired an interview last year on Global Sounds. If you're in NIgeria, the real place to hear the guys on the fringe- and who in most cases are better rappers than the guys on the big labels- stick with MBI.

bigmomma

i pick and choose here and there sha but fe real i am feeling that oko ashewo the beat is catchy

D

Dessy

Weird MC collaborated with JJC and 419 on their new album. Check it out, it's good.

khamileon

RUGGEDMAN IS DEFINITELY DA ILLEST RAPPER IN NAIJA.. I MEAN NON WILL DARE FACE HIM ON STAGE.. HE WILL EAT THEM RAW I SAW HIS VIDEO CILP.. VERY GOOD AND DIFFERENT. TRYBES ARE GOOD TOO.

C

cassandra

Originally posted by divalicious
y'all don't forget dat usher lookin/usher wannabe guy, rasqi or wuteva. he really thinks he's all that.

I THOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIA WAY. YOU REMEBER HIS VERY POPULKAR SONG, "SOJI"

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by cassandra
I THOT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIA WAY. YOU REMEBER HIS VERY POPULKAR SONG, "SOJI"
Cassie, this avatar is being used by videoscope. Look for one on www.avatarity.com and upload it. Very easy to do. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.