• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abulu2000

Hello everyone,
I was quite impressed at the level of production and quality of the naijarules site. Equally thrilled at the level of discourse especially with regards to Nigerian films. Being a Nigerian film producer myself, I believe Sola and others have done a fantastic job. From time to time, I'll try to comment on the value of traditional or contemporary content in the films. My position is that contemporary Nigerian culture is yet to be defined...this is trully where the debate lies. What is the true African personality? This topic has to be fully addressed so that Nigerian filmmakers can begin to tell stories that are reflective of (their) personality. I've seen some fine ones, but in my view others leave alot to be desired. Please keep the flag flying...all your comments on this illustrous forum will engender depth in the Nigerian psyche. It is time for us to have confidence and pride in our rich positives. Just in case you are wondering about any of my projects, please check out "Back To Africa" shot in Nigeria in '97. You will also hear a lot more about FAN (Filmmakers Association of Nigeria U.S.A.) This organisation will monitor and manage the copyrights of all Nigerian movies under it's protection in the U.S. It is a new day folks! It will mean the end of copyright infringements, because we will prosecute all defaulters in a heart beat.

Kudos once again all.

As we say back home, "We don ready for action."

Tony Abulu (President, Filmmakers Association of Nigeria, U.S.A.)

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how this post also went into the need validation category - that should not exist. I just found it and validated it. I have to find out why this is happening though.

Welcome Abulu2000, although belated!

vince

Very belated!So you're responsible for that movie.Very good movie,i have to say!Can i ask about the lead actress in that movie?Where is she now and is she in other naija movies or that is the only one?:)
Wellcome onboard and merry xmas to you!:D

Abulu2000

Thanks for the welcome guys. Me sef dey wonder wettin happen to my intro all dis days. Yo Vince, the lead actress (Ella assad) is an American actor from New York. She lives in N.Y. working on soaps and independents. E bi like say you dey shadow am...no worry una plenty. By the way she had a ball in Naija. Merry chrismas to all!

eyi-mofe

If ELLA Asasd were in nigeria acting she will be among omotola, stella aboderin,NNaji , and Uche OSOtule by the way I read somewhere that she cried when it was time to leave Nigeria I am so proud of everyone showing her good time.even in the movie SEGUN behaved You know what I mean----------that night before she was kidnaped. ELLa is a very very beautiful young lady I hope she is doing well in the BIG APPLE

Abulu2000

Pat Femi, Yes Ella had a good time in Nigeria. As you rightly noted, she was crying at the airport when she was leaving to go back to New York. She had started missing everyone. Especially all the people who took care of her daily needs. It would have been nice if she stayed back...she would have received many opprtunities to work in the industry. But hey, she already works in the biggest film community in the world. Maybe I'll bring her back for another flick.

vince

Dear,abulu.Ella may work in the biggest movie community in the world,but in naija,she will be a superstar like OmoT and Nnaji.That is a big difference.She will be loved in the whole continent of africa.In the US she will just be another pretty face working in the big apple.
Abeg bring her back to naija jo!;)

Abulu2000

Vince, God bless you. I agree totally. Many of the black actors in the states are just part of a group. But in Naija and Africa they will join an elite group of well liked and known actors. I plan to bring quite a few of them in my next project. They will work with the best in the Naija film industry (Though Naijas don dey yab me say why I dey always wan bring Americanas). Make una look out for my next contemporary flick "American Visa" this summer. Una go laugh tire.

vince

We dey wait!We need more new and fresh faces in the scene and i hope you will keep your promise.The more new faces the better.

Abulu2000

Dear Vince,
Just the sheer number of Naija actors wen dey U.S. fit fill our industry back home. I don talk to some of them they are ready. Take a roll call: Adewale (Oz, Ace Ventura), Anthony Okungbowa (X files), Karibi Fubara etc. What about other continental African top Hollywood actors...Isaac de Bankole (Ghost Dog), Deen Badarou (A Perfect Murder). All this guys dey ready. Na small small. The industry go soon explode!

Status
Not open for further replies.