• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Nigerian Stars In The Diaspora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Let's put together a comprehensive list of Nigerians doing well in the movie and entertainment industries abroad - anywhere outside Nigeria. Is there anyone you know of? Give a name, location if you know and some of the stuff he's done so we can look him/her up. They can be people behind the scenes too - like cinematographers, directors, etc.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Almost does not identify with Naija in any way, but he is probably the leading light now. He was in he Mummy Returns 2, The Bourne Identity and he was baddest in HBO's Oz.
 
Originally posted by Sola
Let's put together a comprehensive list of Nigerians doing well in the movie and entertainment industries abroad - anywhere outside Nigeria. Is there anyone you know of? Give a name, location if you know and some of the stuff he's done so we can look him/her up. They can be people behind the scenes too - like cinematographers, directors, etc.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Almost does not identify with Naija in any way, but he is probably the leading light now. He was in he Mummy Returns 2, The Bourne Identity and he was baddest in HBO's Oz.

Wale really does identifies with Naija in so many ways, but he's a private person. He's even been on this site
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Re: Nigerian Stars In The Diaspora

Originally posted by PretieLola
Wale really does identifies with Naija in so many ways, but he's a private person. He's even been on this site
I stand corrected sis. Can you link me with him? It will be my pleasure to interview him.
 
Re: Re: Re: Nigerian Stars In The Diaspora

Originally posted by Sola
I stand corrected sis. Can you link me with him? It will be my pleasure to interview him.

I'll pass the message on to him....
By the way, U're doing a great job!
 

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigerian Stars In The Diaspora

Originally posted by PretieLola
I'll pass the message on to him....
By the way, U're doing a great job!
Great. He's always intrigued me.:D
Great? We haven't even started yet. There's so much more to do and I am still chasing the resources. In time my sister. In time.
 

Beyonce

MOther b4 mother
yeah have met him too i mean wale from OZ he came to my gurls party in NY. His good too. HOLLA
 

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
Chinwetele Ejiofor, I hope I spelt it right, he's based in the UK. He was in DIRTY PRETTY THINGS, The movie about the Nigerian Immigrant in London. He was also in Amistad and LOVE ACTUALLY.......

PS: I adore Agbaje's role as ADEBISI on OZ. Amazing character must confess
 

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
oh my goodness!!

this must be the best kep secret because people don't make such a big deal out of this. afterall, cherize theron (Lord I just butchered her name) but the girl who won best actress oscar, yeah that one, she was born in south africa and that's all i hear about!!
interesting that Hugo Weaving was born in Naija.


Originally posted by vince
HUGO WEAVING!:D
B4 you start to snigger,here ya go:http://www.domainofhugoweaving.com/biography.htm
 

brandi

Well-Known Member
Re: oh my goodness!!

Originally posted by Thickmadam
this must be the best kep secret because people don't make such a big deal out of this. afterall, cherize theron (Lord I just butchered her name) but the girl who won best actress oscar, yeah that one, she was born in south africa and that's all i hear about!!
interesting that Hugo Weaving was born in Naija.
Hummmm people. Charlize was not just born in South Africa, she is from there. That is who she is, South African. She came to this country not more than 10 years ago just to make a living. The Maxtrix guy Hugo is not Nigerian at all!!! He was born in Nigeria and moved to Europe as a baby, soon afterwards he went home to his hometown in Australia. If you don't beleive me ask him who he is. Not that his invterview here won't be welcome.
 

bigmomma

Well-Known Member
Re: Re: oh my goodness!!

Originally posted by brandi
Hummmm people. Charlize was not just born in South Africa, she is from there. That is who she is, South African. She came to this country not more than 10 years ago just to make a living. The Maxtrix guy Hugo is not Nigerian at all!!! He was born in Nigeria and moved to Europe as a baby, soon afterwards he went home to his hometown in Australia. If you don't beleive me ask him who he is. Not that his invterview here won't be welcome.

then he is naija if he was born in naija. afterall if dem born naija pikin for america una go say na american. so diafore Hugo Weaving na naija
 
D

Dessy

Guest
Enough of Hugo Weaving. I know of a beautiful actress, even prettier than your Genevieve Nnaji. Her name is Caroline Chikezie, she currently starrs in Footballers wife. check her out in the latest edition of Ovation magazine. I love that babe. Some Ibo girls are pretty sha.
 

Beyonce

MOther b4 mother
Originally posted by demab
Enough of Hugo Weaving. I know of a beautiful actress, even prettier than your Genevieve Nnaji. Her name is Caroline Chikezie, she currently starrs in Footballers wife. check her out in the latest edition of Ovation magazine. I love that babe. Some Ibo girls are pretty sha.
oh 4 real, humm.holla
 

toyin

Active Member
Originally posted by demab
Enough of Hugo Weaving. I know of a beautiful actress, even prettier than your Genevieve Nnaji. Her name is Caroline Chikezie, she currently starrs in Footballers wife. check her out in the latest edition of Ovation magazine. I love that babe. Some Ibo girls are pretty sha.

Demab, I just hear for hairdresser's today say she be naija babes o. The girl fine die!:D
 

Beyonce

MOther b4 mother
Originally posted by toyin
Demab, I just hear for hairdresser's today say she be naija babes o. The girl fine die!:D
where.. is there a website where i can view herrrrrrrrr.hints plsssssssss:D

holla
 

toyin

Active Member
Originally posted by Beyonce
where.. is there a website where i can view herrrrrrrrr.hints plsssssssss:D

holla

It's a soap in England called 'footballers wives'. I haven't seen her on any site yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top