• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Ok, hardware folks, I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaymax

I know it's got to be something simple, but, I don't know what it is. I have the problem where my pointer, I guess it is, the little arrow thingy on your pc, does it's own thing. It moves by itself, and it lands somewhere and takes my text from there. I could be typing as I am now and the arrow is moving on its own as I am seeing now. At times it'll move itself to the middle of my text, then my typing is automatically redirected where the clicker is and it inserts from there. It's really starting to get to me, i'm wasting so much time going back and restarting my text. Sometimes, it automatically highlights everything i'm doing and deletes it, it's annoying. Can anyone help?

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure your PC is not being remotely controlled?
Is it PS2 or USB mouse?
Does it have a wheel? TrackBall? Optical?

Its probably just clogged with dirt and needs to be cleaned. If it is old, by another. They're cheap now.

kaymax

NO, it's a touch pad. when I said mouse, I meant the controls. When I tried to fix it, I went to control panel, clicked on the mouse, then the pointer tab, and disabled everything, and nothing changed so I don't know what if could be, but it's that arrow pointer symbol, it should move ONLY when I control it through the touchpad, not on its own. Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.