Paranoia or Technology or perhaps both??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaymax

You can a bit. Just set your computer to REFUSE ALL COOKIES and use the PRIVATE BROWSING feature. You can also block ads, but a lot of the web will be closed off to your for doing the latter cos websites can tell...

Done, will see how that works. did not do the latter. Thanks.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Done, will see how that works. did not do the latter. Thanks.
Doubt it. Why? Because you MUST HAVE cookies to log into most websites, including email and NR. Or the session cannot remember who you are. That's how pages get personalised for you.

Village-Boi

I get kweshion, as dem dey show for CSIs say olopa fit retrieve all history and logs and searches on someone's PC even after it has been 'fried' of data........so, what happens to the InCOGNITO/PRIVATE browsing sessions....do they DISAPPEAR to the Blackhole? ~ Curious me

Nne that na CSI, no case for this planet wey they no fit solve in an hour... highest 2 episodes! In reality you can very well 'fry' stuff of ya hard drive that even Scotland Yard no go find.

Pete

What's best, Google algorithmically collecting/storing your searches and not tell you, or doing something they think might 'help' by suggesting related links? Opting out doesn't really change anything; they'll still store ur data, but just won't suggest related links. You'll still see adds, unless you installed Adblock addon.

kaymax

Doubt it. Why? Because you MUST HAVE cookies to log into most websites, including email and NR. Or the session cannot remember who you are. That's how pages get personalised for you.

LOL, It took me 5 minutes to navigate onto 2 pages, I had to enable my cookies. We can't hide, they truly do have us by the balls!!! LOL. And it's not much better in FF either.

vince

The only way to stop eating them cookies is to quit surfing altogether. There are some people who are doing it already. They are trying very hard to get off the grid and the web is part of the grid. These folks never surf private. They usually use internet cafes.
LOL, It took me 5 minutes to navigate onto 2 pages, I had to enable my cookies. We can't hide, they truly do have us by the balls!!! LOL. And it's not much better in FF either.

kaymax

The only way to stop eating them cookies is to quit surfing altogether. There are some people who are doing it already. They are trying very hard to get off the grid and the web is part of the grid. These folks never surf private. They usually use internet cafes.

Yes, I have a friend who only uses the computer in the library. that's a bit extreme, I can understand it, but extreme, nonetheless.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
They usually use internet cafes.
You can still be tracked. There is a record of who used a computer between certain hours in a cafe. There are cameras everywhere recording you, and you probably have an email address in this day and age. Even the library PC has a UID assigned to you when you login...

vince

We're all in a very extreme situation already, kaymax. This privacy eroding business of modern day existence is already extreme, in my view.
Yes, I have a friend who only uses the computer in the library. that's a bit extreme, I can understand it, but extreme, nonetheless.

vince

It is not easy to escape the grid, i know, but surfing in different small internet cafes is still the best bet for anyone looking to stay off the grid since not all of them have monitoring cameras. If i want to stay off the grid, the last place i would go to surf would be in a public library, anyway.
You can still be tracked. There is a record of who used a computer between certain hours in a cafe. There are cameras everywhere recording you, and you probably have an email address in this day and age. Even the library PC has a UID assigned to you when you login...

vince

And many of us here will be surprised at how many folks have no email address. They have never even been near a PC in their entire life talkless of having an email address. And i am talking of oyinbos o!

kaymax

And many of us here will be surprised at how many folks have no email address. They have never even been near a PC in their entire life talkless of having an email address. And i am talking of oyinbos o!

Maybe older people??

Abike

Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.