• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Saworoide

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Still the number 1 yoruba movie yet.
It has not been dethroned till now.
Anybody with me?

vince

Originally posted by meniababe
i think that is a big lie. i think thurderbolt is better

Thunderbolt is good,but nowhere near as good as Saworoide.Nowhere!

Lafem

Originally posted by vince
Anybody with me?

That movie rocks dude. I no know which one to choose inside am and "Ti Oluwa Ni ile". Those two are classics. I no dey tire to watch dem. Even my mama love Saworoide pass anything.

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
I quite agree, TI OLUWA N'ILE slaps SAWOROIDE in the face, but I'm starting to draw towards IFE OTITO

Lafem

Originally posted by mamarita
TI OLUWA N'ILE slaps SAWOROIDE in the face

The more I ponder the above quote, the more inclined I am to agree with it. 'Ti Oluwa N'Ile does indeed best Saworoide.
Btw, I also like the sequel to 'Saworoide', titled 'Agogo Eewo', and especially the songs wey dem sing inside the movie. Like, "Jogbo bi oro tamurege o.. tamurege..... E ba wa be 'joba wa oo.. ijoba wa..... ko s'omi n'ile yio, ko s'onje n'ile yi e ba wa be 'joba.. e ba wa joba waaaaaa". Sorry folks, I did that on impulse:D

lady_vexy

saworoide iz boom a top movie and other movies dat come close are 'asiri nla', 'o le ku' and 'kosegbe'

Nne-Baby

Originally posted by vince
Anybody with me?

oooh yes.........very lovely. natural actors. but u need to see "arapa gangan" now. he is added so much weight. i saw his interview on Ben TV (UK).....i just couldn't believe it was him!!
i enjoyed watching 'arese ja bata' and 'alapa gangan' dance moves.:)

vince

Re: Re: Saworoide

Originally posted by Nne-Baby
oooh yes.........very lovely. natural actors. but u need to see "arapa gangan" now. he is added so much weight. i saw his interview on Ben TV (UK).....i just couldn't believe it was him!!
i enjoyed watching 'arese ja bata' and 'alapa gangan' dance moves.:)
Better don come for the boy now.:)
how e no go puff up;)

movieaddict

Just watched Saworoide. Very well put together, the story flowed well but I kinda didn't like the ending. Alot of things were left unfinished. What happened to Alapaganga's mother? What about Oba Lagidi's 1st wife? what about the old wise man always on the stairs? and the 2 ijoyes that were only looking out for themselves? these are just a few unfinished sceens. I would have loved to see a better finish to oba lagidi also, a gun shot and that was it? He needed to suffer just a little bit more! Anyways just my thoughts.;) All in all it was a nice movie.

Gen Sani Abacha

If I remember correctly, the "Saworoide" story actually continues in "Agogo Eewo". Think of it as the part 2 of the story. So go and watch it, then tell us what you think.

Regards

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
Originally posted by movieaddict
Just watched Saworoide. Very well put together, the story flowed well but I kinda didn't like the ending. Alot of things were left unfinished. What happened to Alapaganga's mother? What about Oba Lagidi's 1st wife? what about the old wise man always on the stairs? and the 2 ijoyes that were only looking out for themselves? these are just a few unfinished sceens. I would have loved to see a better finish to oba lagidi also, a gun shot and that was it? He needed to suffer just a little bit more! Anyways just my thoughts.;) All in all it was a nice movie.
The movie is not over yet, if you're a very informative Naija child, you'll see that the movie can't give audience the exact ending the audience wants.

This is the way I see the movie; the movie tell the History of Naija in brief, and you'll notice that most of the folks represented in the movie are still in power so they can't be dead in the movie (at least not yet), if you break down most of the characters in that movie you'll be able to relate this actors' role to both dead and alive Naija governments and people in power. The movie is solely the interpretation of Naija past and present. Is a very great movie, you should see Agogo Eewo too, that's like the part 2.

vince

Yep!Agogo Eewo is the follow up(sequel).All them bad chiefs continued their bad ways in it.
A must watch,especially because of the soundtracks,excellent!:)

D

Dessy

That one is hard o, as it would have to be an ugly actor, very few of those around.

mamarita

OJODTROUBLELOVER
Originally posted by demab
That one is hard o, as it would have to be an ugly actor, very few of those around.

Kai Baba Iyabo isn't ugly o, d guy is fine in real life from afar:D

Abulu2000

Guys, una know wettin all of una never talk yet? All these films "Saworoide," "Agogo Eewo," "Oleku," "Kosegbe," and "To Oluwa ni ile" all were made by the same filmmaker...TUNDE KELANI make una begin praise am o! He don try!!!

vince

Originally posted by Abulu2000
Guys, una know wettin all of una never talk yet? All these films "Saworoide," "Agogo Eewo," "Oleku," "Kosegbe," and "To Oluwa ni ile" all were made by the same filmmaker...TUNDE KELANI make una begin praise am o! He don try!!!
We don praise am taya for hia!The man na big blessing to naija moviemaking scene.Props to the man.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.