• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Tascam unveils DR-60D audio recorder for DSLRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Tascam has announced its new audio recorder aimed for on-set videographers and filmmakers who utilize DSLRs for video recording. The DR-60D is being touted as a recorder designed specifically for video workers, removing the need to use larger recorders that are meant for music recording. There’s no word yet on release date or pricing, but we have a run down of the recorder’s specifications after the jump.

See image here

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Why do they have to price it higher than their other products? Thief people. I will buy one if its good...

Village-Boi

Why do they have to price it higher than their other products? Thief people. I will buy one if its good...
Exactly... and it doesn't even have mics. Odd shape & a bit bulky too for a dslr rig, looks far more suitable for tripod stuff.

Kala Lou

Apart from that screw thingy on the top, I don't see any particular feature that makes this built for DSLRs..as opposed to the Tascam DR40..looks like the a sales gimmick to me...

Village-Boi

Apart from that screw thingy on the top, I don't see any particular feature that makes this built for DSLRs..as opposed to the Tascam DR40..looks like the a sales gimmick to me...
I hear you. I'm not digging this either; it seems all they did was move some functions from the 'internal' menu system and moved them to actual buttons on the body. I bet the preamps still won't give a signal to noise ratio as good as the 'JL Riggy'. Oh and you noticed in the video what goes into the dslr or whatever camera is still only a 'guide' track.

Status
Not open for further replies.