• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

The Burden of Crazy Dressing Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
by Endurance Akoro

Dresses that expose part of the female body that ought to be concealed are indecent and a big burden but some young people say it’s the fashion fad of the moment

They are a conspicuous sight in many parts of Lagos and even beyond. Young girls or women who love to dress in a manner that some might say, leave much to be desired; girls who by their dress sense-expose deliberately a part of their backside, as if intent on showing their feminity. You will see them on the streets or as they attempt to come down from a vehicle or try to mount an Okada (commercial motor cyclist).

Often times, as they try to mount an Okada or disembark from a commercial bus, their backline, exposing their underwear, stares you in the face. At times, you will see the girls struggling to adjust the wears, as if to show that they are embarrassed by the situation. But that might well be an attempt to fool the people. The truth is that it could well have been deliberate, as many girls just love to dress that way. It is all about fashion, style and comfort. And well, discomfort.

In the view of a stylist, “when it comes to fashion and personal style, we all abide by our own rules.” These rules are “dictated by the shape of our body, by our personality, by our taste and ultimately by our mood and the message we like to convey out there. However, most ladies go through the inconvenience of sitting down wearing those super low pants, the paranoia of having our underwear uncovered.”

One of such clothing is the low waist jeans, which appears to be a favourite of many girls. Some have a waistband so low that they do display the top part of the buttocks, especially if they bend over, sit or squat. Some people consider low waist jeans to be indecent because of this exposure. “I love skinny jeans, especially when they are low waist” says Oyindamola Ojuolape. Oyin, as she is fondly called by her friends, is a 100 level student of the University of Lagos. Favour James, 21, said low waist jean is in vogue. “I can never buy any other jeans with my money, it is what young pretty ladies are wearing now, and it is the fad,” she said.

Akpevwe Ovietaire, a mother of one, decries the way young ladies wear the low waist jeans. That, to her, is no longer fashion. “If you are very observant, you would notice that ladies, when alighting from cabs these days are either pulling down their tops or pulling up their jeans. Should looking good be so much trouble?” She believes that most ladies are influenced by advertisements and other things that they can see on movies or TV.

SOURCE

kaymax

LOL.
The girl said "I can never buy any other jeans with my money " why is that amusing?

Know what TM, it just is. I can just hear the girl fixing her mouth to say that. High waists are slowly making their way back (thank God) and I wonder if she will go naked

Village-Boi

LOL.
The girl said "I can never buy any other jeans with my money " why is that amusing?
Na DNA cause am.

Know what TM, it just is. I can just hear the girl fixing her mouth to say that. High waists are slowly making their way back (thank God) and I wonder if she will go naked
Hahahahahaha true... she'll definitely sound like an American even though leg nefa cross river.

The 'look' is even far worse on guys... uuuurrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

Kala Lou

Burden of crazy dressing?...whose burden is it?.....the wearer or the looker? ....
If a nice framed woman wants to show off a little extra..who am I to begrudge her?... Abeg ladies, my eyes thank you...keep on keeping on.

kaymax

Burden of crazy dressing?...whose burden is it?.....the wearer or the looker? ....
If a nice framed woman wants to show off a little extra..who am I to begrudge her?... Abeg ladies, my eyes thank you...keep on keeping on.

Bushman!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.