• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

The Handbag thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eee

Me too...I get the look alikes too.

I had a bag with the name...Dolly & Gobbanna written on it.. No one here really noticed..it is in Nigeria that this guy in the market was like.."Abeg, Carry go, you and your fake handibag". OK, I was embarrased....

I don't understand.Why buy an imitation of a bag, if you lost respect for bags?What I'm saying is that name shouldn't matter any more, should it?

Eee

I only recently started having a thing for bags and I like the big ones and maybe clutches here and there.

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
Me too...I get the look alikes too.

I had a bag with the name...Dolly & Gobbanna written on it.. No one here really noticed..it is in Nigeria that this guy in the market was like.."Abeg, Carry go, you and your fake handibag". OK, I was embarrased....
:roll
I've said it before that NIGERIAN people (the classy fashionable ones) wear QUALITY! Na for America I see knock offs that look real! In Naija, it is either real or fake! The fake, you go know. But in USA, the fakes look like the real! But a good eye for fashion go still know the difference! You can't fool a naija accessory seller sha. lol

Handbags have caused me a lot of stress! I've had to go out and hear myself say " Oh no! I changed bacgs today, it is in my other bag!" So, I try to stick to one bag at a time, unless I am going for an event where a clutch purse is needed, and all I need are my car keys, cellphone, ID card and credit/debit card or cash. if not, I can very well do without changing bags to match outfits! I DON'T bother! Croc skin or real leather bags in black, brown, maroon or beige can go with anything am wearing, anytime anyday. :D

White bags? Errrrmmmmm....NO! I don't care how cute it is!

i used to be crazy about bags once upon a time, as per they must have matching shoes, but these days, i really don't care.
My ONLY requirement in a bag is COMPARTMENTS!! I hate tote bags! or bags that look that way! My bags must have sections and zippers and sides etc.....that keeps me organized! And yeah, my bag weighs a lot too! lolol

I will splurge on a bag if it looks chic, classy, is big, comfortable. has compartments! Am sold.

has anyone noticed that bags' designs recycle like every 3-5 years? because I know there are bags I bought when I was in secondary school that have been redone over and over again..... but seriously, after the pockets and zippers and handles and body....what else makes up a bag? i guess the fabric/material and BRAND name.

amet13

:roll
I've said it before that NIGERIAN people (the classy fashionable ones) wear QUALITY! Na for America I see knock offs that look real! In Naija, it is either real or fake! The fake, you go know. But in USA, the fakes look like the real! But a good eye for fashion go still know the difference! You can't fool a naija accessory seller sha. lol

Handbags have caused me a lot of stress! I've had to go out and hear myself say " Oh no! I changed bacgs today, it is in my other bag!" So, I try to stick to one bag at a time, unless I am going for an event where a clutch purse is needed, and all I need are my car keys, cellphone, ID card and credit/debit card or cash. if not, I can very well do without changing bags to match outfits! I DON'T bother! Croc skin or real leather bags in black, brown, maroon or beige can go with anything am wearing, anytime anyday. :D

White bags? Errrrmmmmm....NO! I don't care how cute it is!

i used to be crazy about bags once upon a time, as per they must have matching shoes, but these days, i really don't care.
My ONLY requirement in a bag is COMPARTMENTS!! I hate tote bags! or bags that look that way! My bags must have sections and zippers and sides etc.....that keeps me organized! And yeah, my bag weighs a lot too! lolol

I will splurge on a bag if it looks chic, classy, is big, comfortable. has compartments! Am sold.

has anyone noticed that bags' designs recycle like every 3-5 years? because I know there are bags I bought when I was in secondary school that have been redone over and over again..... but seriously, after the pockets and zippers and handles and body....what else makes up a bag? i guess the fabric/material and BRAND name.

sis i had that same problem @ bolded, changing bags caused me loads of grieve most of the time i'll get to the office b/4 i become conscious of the fact that my staff id is in my other bag

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
sis i had that same problem @ bolded, changing bags caused me loads of grieve most of the time i'll get to the office b/4 i become conscious of the fact that my staff id is in my other bag

VERY frustrating too! lol

Am a shoe freak, and I prefer that freakiness because 6+inches high heels make my legs longer and sexier, that I am cool with, but handbags only hang on my shoulder or become an additional thing to 'carry'.......they DON'T enhance my body in any way abeg! lolol

my normal handbags (when stuffed right) actually qualifies as a Carry-on on planes, barely escaping the max carry-on weight! :roll.

I have my eyes on Back packs these days. Seeing my bags are usually heavy, I might as well go for back packs for health reasons, I no want slouched shoulders abeg! I've spent all my lifetime to walk straight and shoulder's squared. :)

Any sexy, cute, chic, leather/croc back pack out there? The ones I see so far are cloths, rugged, childish looking etc :(

Supermom

I am a bag addict...it's so bad...every birthday, Christmas, anniversary, mother's day, valentines day.that's all my kids and DH get for me ...if you buy anything else...world war 3 has been known to erupt in our house hold.... .

Supermom

Chloe has a nice one...aurore bucket backpack and Louis vuitton used to have a leather one too

VERY frustrating too! lol

Am a shoe freak, and I prefer that freakiness because 6+inches high heels make my legs longer and sexier, that I am cool with, but handbags only hang on my shoulder or become an additional thing to 'carry'.......they DON'T enhance my body in any way abeg! lolol

my normal handbags (when stuffed right) actually qualifies as a Carry-on on planes, barely escaping the max carry-on weight! :roll.

I have my eyes on Back packs these days. Seeing my bags are usually heavy, I might as well go for back packs for health reasons, I no want slouched shoulders abeg! I've spent all my lifetime to walk straight and shoulder's squared. :)

Any sexy, cute, chic, leather/croc back pack out there? The ones I see so far are cloths, rugged, childish looking etc :(

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
I am a bag addict...it's so bad...every birthday, Christmas, anniversary, mother's day, valentines day.that's all my kids and DH get for me ...if you buy anything else...world war 3 has been known to erupt in our house hold.... .

Wow. you must have a room dedicated to them O. because that is one -ve about bags, they take up too much space too!!! Am packing for my Summer trip and one 70lbs bag has just half of my shoes and some bags. and it is NOT a good feeling at all! More so, when we have to wrap them well and avoid squishing them!

Women! We get wahala walahi talahi!

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
Chloe has a nice one...aurore bucket backpack and Louis vuitton used to have a leather one too

thanks, let me google it now, my birthday is next month, I may as well get me a present early on sweat:

updated:

just checked them out.....too bland and regular looking : http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/han...tm_content=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=GoogleBase
http://www.bluefly.com/chloe-natura...Chloe-_-womens_handbags_backpacks-_-314820701

The bucket one, I totally detest! I can imagine myself searching through the long thing looking for something. And if there is anything I hate, it is rummaging through my bags! I like to open the enclosure and see what i am looking for, thus my obsession with compartmentalized bags.

Maybe sef, I should design my own bag, the way I want it and either make it myself or have it specially made for me......thinking....... because bags tire me out these days. My latest now is a Nordstrom, i love the big size and twisted handle and lovely leather feel, but it has not many compartments, so, I still have to put a smaller purse with compartment inside.
And roll-on laptop bag don't work for me either.....

Bags, na wahala for real!

Supermom

My dear that Chloe bag wo wo no be small! The one I was actually talking about, neiman's and nordstrom had it over the Xmas ...it came in black and brown and the leather was more structured and the LV one mentioned was in black Epi leather ...don't like canvas

thanks, let me google it now, my birthday is next month, I may as well get me a present early on sweat:

updated:

just checked them out.....too bland and regular looking : Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Bosphore Backpack | Louis Vuitton Handbags from Bag Borrow or Steal™
Chloe natural leather studded 'Charlie' bucket backpack at Bluefly

The bucket one, I totally detest! I can imagine myself searching through the long thing looking for something. And if there is anything I hate, it is rummaging through my bags! I like to open the enclosure and see what i am looking for, thus my obsession with compartmentalized bags.

Maybe sef, I should design my own bag, the way I want it and either make it myself or have it specially made for me......thinking....... because bags tire me out these days. My latest now is a Nordstrom, i love the big size and twisted handle and lovely leather feel, but it has not many compartments, so, I still have to put a smaller purse with compartment inside.
And roll-on laptop bag don't work for me either.....

Bags, na wahala for real!

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
My dear that Chloe bag wo wo no be small! The one I was actually talking about, neiman's and nordstrom had it over the Xmas ...it came in black and brown and the leather was more structured and the LV one mentioned was in black Epi leather ...don't like canvas

lol.
Its been long I heard that 'wo wo' lolol

My dear, that bucket sure ain't cutting it for me! NO WAY! it is bloody too deep!

Status
Not open for further replies.