• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Troubled BlackBerry Maker Sees Africa Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

In a film recently made in Nigeria, a man stops a beautiful woman, suavely trying to get her to talk to him. Instead she pouts her lips and looks down at her hands, barely able to hold all of the BlackBerry phones she owns.

"If you really want to talk to me, get me a BlackBerry Bold 3 ... then and only then, you can talk to me," the woman says in the now-infamous Nollywood film "BlackBerry Babes," which follows the hijinks of beautiful women in short skirts manipulating their way to getting new mobile phones.

For troubled BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion Ltd., the stilted dialogue in Nigerian English sounds like money in the bank. The mobile phones made by RIM hold the dominant market share in both Nigeria and South Africa, two of the biggest economies on the African continent. Now opening an office in Nigeria, RIM hopes to hold onto that African advantage as its sales in Western nations tumble, company officials say.

"This is one of the fastest growing mobile markets in the world," said Robert Bose, RIM's regional managing director for the Middle East and Africa.

Troubled BlackBerry Maker Sees Africa Potential - ABC News

ssergit

..still The Drama Queen!
No be una for modaland refuse to jump onto modern and better phones...Ahem, like the Samsung G3!

BB pin people's middle name here O!

but, the enlightened people are catching up to better technologies.

Abike

The article is not far from the truth.....these days, ppl on fb automatically assume you 1.) own a BB or 2.) must have one....they make a comment and say, "hey babe, send me your bb pin"! Like really? You assume I must have one!? ...

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
The article is not far from the truth.....these days, ppl on fb automatically assume you 1.) own a BB or 2.) must have one....they make a comment and say, "hey babe, send me your bb pin"! Like really? You assume I must have one!? ...
I remember how long it took us to wean you off it...

Status
Not open for further replies.