• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

VCDs forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Vince, I just found out why marketers in Nigeria will not be changing from the VCD format to DVD anytime soon. They also ship in the VCD players. Many of them are also importers of the hardware - from Japan - so they are making a killing on multiple ends selling hardware and the content played on the hardware. VCD is cheap, although it being phased out in other places. We will be using this for a while.

vince

Make dem keep their VCDs for yonder dia,but make dem dey push DVDs our way jo.We want superior quality images and sound here in the diaspo. :glasses

bigmomma

vince said:
Make dem keep their VCDs for yonder dia,but make dem dey push DVDs our way jo.We want superior quality images and sound here in the diaspo. :glasses
Preach it baby . i want surround sound give me IMAX theatre experience in ma house yo. Give me directors cut, give me deleted scenes give me GOOD interviews, give me interactive games, give me music video for the soundtrack.
am i asking for too much? :)

vince

And all them old pt1 and 2 movies,they should recut each of them and marry them together jo,on one single tape/VCD/DVD.Plenty scenes should come under the blade from each movies.They can call them IGBALODE cuts.

bigmomma

yup i bought movies from allafricanmovies and they came in DVD o apparently the bobo converts them and puts the movies on DVD now that is wassup you have only one disc no need to stand up and start changing discs if you are using single loader and no need to preset to play all on a multiple disc changer.

Pretty Girl

bigmomma said:
Preach it baby . i want surround sound give me IMAX theatre experience in ma house yo. Give me directors cut, give me deleted scenes give me GOOD interviews, give me interactive games, give me music video for the soundtrack.
am i asking for too much? :)
noo my sista, Lord knows am with you on all those requests o jare :)

vince

mykindofmovies said:
I pray all these happen soon.Amin!
You go pray hard!You go pray soteeeey God sef go come tear for you for giving him sleepless nights,before these things go happen. :glasses

vince

Sola said:
Vince, I just found out why marketers in Nigeria will not be changing from the VCD format to DVD anytime soon. They also ship in the VCD players. Many of them are also importers of the hardware - from Japan - so they are making a killing on multiple ends selling hardware and the content played on the hardware. VCD is cheap, although it being phased out in other places. We will be using this for a while.
Well,atleast contents quality on VCDs are more tolerable than on VHS.A tiny step forward,but DVD is the real deal o!The real ODU and importing VCD players instead of DVD players is not very clever to me.
Why not kill two birds with one stone?DVD players can play both formats and are as cheap as VCD players.
I just don't get it,but then,we are talking about nigerians here.
Who understand naija decisions and actions,anyway. :eyes

obude

Eson 'N' Uselu.
bigmomma, i think you have stayed too long in where ever you are living, you need to come down to Nigeria, and stop asking for give me that and give this.

Status
Not open for further replies.