• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

What Fashion Fad Are you feeling now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvonne

Registered
I couldn't help but start this thread because I have my phases, where I'm in love with some fashion fad or accessory so much, and then the next week, it's a new one.

My big thing now is red nail polish. I neverreally liked it,but I saw it on this chica at the supermarket, and I thought , wow,she's darker than I am and looks real chic with that color,I'll try it. So I got, a "cherry-wotever" maybelline nailpolish (it's the only one that was the shade of red that I wanted, sorta bright, not like marroon), and I just love it. I also got some good feedback on it over the weekend, my friends thought it looked real hot and chic, and different especially for me. oh well!!

Errrrmmmmm, guys also have fashion fads so don't feel left out.

Aust_nne

Afro Afro Afro...

Each time after straightening my hair, I wish I had left my afro! I just love that natural look..people tell me it looks good on me too...Its very hard to maintain but worth the compliments

Funmibaby

i'm into the metallics. i wasn't really into it before but i saw this girl in a roberto cavalli gown with gold shoes, gold changelier earrings and this beautiful bag................i just starred at her she looked so HOT, so since then i'v been into the metallics thing........

Yvonne

Registered
Funmibaby said:
i'm into the metallics. i wasn't really into it before but i saw this girl in a roberto cavalli gown with gold shoes, gold changelier earrings and this beautiful bag................i just starred at her she looked so HOT, so since then i'v been into the metallics thing........

What's metallics??? Like gold, silver and all the shiny stuff??

Funmibaby

Yvonne said:
What's metallics??? Like gold, silver and all the shiny stuff??

yup! but i mean classy o.......not the $5 type stuff. like nicole richie's red dress with the gold belt and gold sandals...that was hot!

Yvonne

Registered
Funmibaby said:
yup! but i mean classy o.......not the $5 type stuff. like nicole richie's red dress with the gold belt and gold sandals...that was hot!

I know what you are talking about. I got this gold pumps from Baker shoes this past summer, and I got gold accesories to go. I feel so sorry for the poor shoes, I wore them to the death, of course along :shock with the silver partner, which I got in sandals and pumps. Not sure if they'll be big again this fall though?

gogetter

Liya kebede...gorgeous
i gotta say im feeling animal prints...ever since i saw lindsay and gwen in leopard prints.....and angelina had this cute leopard pumps...it's just so cute. the problem with them however like funmi said is u run the risk of them looking cheap, but if u accesorize well and dont over do it, u shud be ok.

ps..when wearing prints, 1 item in prints is enuff. pair with solid color, so as not to be overwhelmed.

mealone

feel like wearing me soem nice orange or yellow tunic with dem long roughly pleated skirts

4Satat

just crazy about African prints these days.
Not laces, but Wax prints, and cotton batiks and paited fabrics.

kaymax

Do u wear that to work ??

OB, you're not well O!! LOL LOL LOL

I have always worn colors, but I'm glad to see the fashion world catching up with me with the color block this season, I hope it stays, I rocked a Trina Turk Fusha cocktail dress with a pair of lime green Tory Burch gladiator sandals. I looked so good, if I was a dude, I'd do me!!

blackpearl

Very much into color blocking these days and that from head to toe.
Much more i have started to experiment or let me say be more bold with the choice of lipstick and lipgloss.
A couple of days ago i bought an orange lipgloss and mixed it up with the color "rose" and it looked fantastic.
I am trying to be more bold this summer with colors in general.

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
emmm when you say mixed it up, what do you mean?
Very much into color blocking these days and that from head to toe.
Much more i have started to experiment or let me say be more bold with the choice of lipstick and lipgloss.
A couple of days ago i bought an orange lipgloss and mixed it up with the color "rose" and it looked fantastic.
I am trying to be more bold this summer with colors in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.