When it comes to our hair, We're our own worst enemy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sifu

The first time I saw Wendy Williams on television I honestly thought she was a transvestite. I think it is because of the broad shoulders and the obviously fake breasts. With those shoulders and build she could pass for a man easily

Abike

:roll!
The first time I saw Wendy Williams on television I honestly thought she was a transvestite. I think it is because of the broad shoulders and the obviously fake breasts. With those shoulders and build she could pass for a man easily

kaymax

Good for her, I just hate that she even had to address that. why must black folks show their assess everywhere?

Thickmadam

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!
Oh I agree with you on the weaves and neat fros, but try sporting dreads, in most banking environment, you wouldn't see too much of that. Also Mellon is NY, up north, they're typically more accepting, it'll be harder to pull off at a BB&T heardquartedred in NC or Wachovia when it was headquartered in Charlotte, but then again, location may play a big part too. I can see more acceptance in your neck of the woods than here in the southern 'bible belt' states.

Are you the only natural hair woman at your job?

kaymax

Are you the only natural hair woman at your job?

No, there are a few, but I'm the only consultant, rest of them are Full Timers. There are 2 executives and perhaps about 5 more sporting dreads, fro, or some type of neat twists. Mine is the shortest though, I just started.

sidney

This is why I originally said we should have ignored the comments. But commenting on it, or tweeting about it, the hair issue begins "trending" and becomes more prominent. Even when the comments are positive and bash the haters. But if people simply ignored it, it does not become the story.. I actually do this with DS' useless threads...

He/She wants people to respond so the thread gains traction. Every time people comment he/she comments back and then the thread starts to creep up the list. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to comment on those dumb threads, telling people what they are, but then I will be doing exactly what "shim" wants.... So I simply ignore the thread and do not comment at all! That's the only way the thread will die....

The girl won 2 Gold medals, simply stop talking about the hair... Don't reference the hater or hating tweets, simply don't acknowledge them at all... That is the best way to address it.... Or at least it will stop taking the focus away from what she is doing in London... I mean the girl has now faltered badly twice since this has become the story.... Sadly no-one will do this... Everyone feels that need to comment and then it because a catch-22... Complaining about why we are talking about it, while actually talking about it... Like this very post of mine..... Although I have never, and will never, tweet about this issue...

Gabby Douglas Hair: Olympian's Mom, Natalie Hawkins, Responds To Daughter's Hair Critics

Status
Not open for further replies.