• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Who hosts the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
Races wide open for World Cup bids as vote looms

The final bid presentations to stage the 2022 World Cup left the race wide open heading into Thursday's vote. The no-show of Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin might have done the same for the 2018 event.

Qatar made perhaps the strongest impression of all five candidates for 2022, smartly seeking to debunk the notion that their desert would be too hot for a World Cup in June and July.

With former president Bill Clinton lining up alongside Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman, the United States piled on the star appeal to back the promise of a revenue-rich tournament in an ethnically diverse nation.

Read more:

sidney

There is the funniest clip of Morgan Freeman losing his place during his speech... He graciously said he missed a page, but it was hilarious!!

Sola

Administrator
Staff member
England miss out to Russia in 2018 World Cup vote

England missed out on the right to host the 2018 World Cup after football's governing body Fifa picked Russia to stage the event for the first time.

Russia saw off rival bids from England, Spain-Portugal and Netherlands-Belgium to win a secret ballot of Fifa's 22 executive members in Zurich.

England hoped Prince William, David Cameron and David Beckham would give them an advantage but the bid failed.

Meanwhile, Qatar was chosen to host the 2022 World Cup.

More

sidney

I guess I have to plan for Brazil, as those other two venues don't seem enticing to me.....

wendydoks

Races wide open for World Cup bids as vote looms

The final bid presentations to stage the 2022 World Cup left the race wide open heading into Thursday's vote. The no-show of Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin might have done the same for the 2018 event.

Qatar made perhaps the strongest impression of all five candidates for 2022, smartly seeking to debunk the notion that their desert would be too hot for a World Cup in June and July.

With former president Bill Clinton lining up alongside Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman, the United States piled on the star appeal to back the promise of a revenue-rich tournament in an ethnically diverse nation.

Read more:
i dont know who they think they are decieving with that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.