• Naija Rules! has been around since 2003, providing a hangout for the fans of Nigerian and African movies. Our members were in the forefront of the spread of movies from Africa to the world.

Windows XP (SP2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Updated to it few days ago, thinking they have something more exciting, but it's just crap! Only the thing they call "security center", which verifies if I got my firewall, AntiVirus program and Automatic Update on. What, what's the need?? Then, a new pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer (which I already have with Google & yahoo toolbar). I even think the thing is affecting my PC speed. I decided not to buy any newly-released 'toy' until I use mine for a minimum of 4 years; since it looks like the more technologically 'advanced' they are, the more problem you encounter. NAV 2004 is the worst ever released! Whenever it's scanning, the pc becomes almost unusable; browser, very slow! I prefer staying with my previous 2003.

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
Pete said:
Updated to it few days ago, thinking they have something more exciting, but it's just crap! Only the thing they call "security center", which verifies if I got my firewall, AntiVirus program and Automatic Update on. What, what's the need?? Then, a new pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer (which I already have with Google & yahoo toolbar). I even think the thing is affecting my PC speed. I decided not to buy any newly-released 'toy' until I use mine for a minimum of 4 years; since it looks like the more technologically 'advanced' they are, the more problem you encounter. NAV 2004 is the worst ever released! Whenever it's scanning, the pc becomes almost unusable; browser, very slow! I prefer staying with my previous 2003.
Did you install XP as an upgrade or did it come with a new system?

Hubscrown

Pete said:

Office 2003 is better, even better than first XP. First XP doesnt have publisher and its Powerpoint wont open 98 or 2000. So I stay with my good 2000.

Pete

Okestra007 said:
Did you install XP as an upgrade or did it come with a new system?
Came with XP Home Edition. Had SP1, and just upgraded to SP2 from the Internet two days ago. Total crap!

4Satat

Pete said:
Came with XP Home Edition. Had SP1, and just upgraded to SP2 from the Internet two days ago. Total crap!
Phew! Thanks. I am learning from your lesson now. For some reason, my Laptop has refused to accept the Service Pack 2. It downloads, but wont install properly. But now, am I glad? Ok, I rest with my XP AS IS!

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
Pete said:
Did you use Windows Update Site to update the XP or did you just download the SP2? If you didn't, you need to use the site, download and install all available update on the site for your system. This should fix and repair your system and bring everything back to normal.

Pete

Okestra007 said:
Did you use Windows Update Site to update the XP or did you just download the SP2? If you didn't, you need to use the site, download and install all available update on the site for your system. This should fix and repair your system and bring everything back to normal.
I programmed my system to download needed updates automatically, so I can install them immediately or later. That was exactly what I did in this case. I ain’t saying the update isn’t ok, but I don’t see the need, if my PC would have to run an inch slower!

Okestra007

Mr. Lover Man
Pete said:
I programmed my system to download needed updates automatically, so I can install them immediately or later. That was exactly what I did in this case. I ain’t saying the update isn’t ok, but I don’t see the need, if my PC would have to run an inch slower!
Updating your system will give higher security against new threats.

olatoludipe

Men, I don't like win. XP. So I don't have to blash the thing out. Real gist for ya: New windows are always acting with virus (People send virus to new windows.). Use the old ones like win, 95, 98, 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.